You Are Free Now (Utterson&Jekyll) (StrangeCase)

Angst. That's I all got. And I changed it slightly.
....................................................................
(Third POV)

As Poole and Utterson approached Dr.Jekyll's door, the lawyer had a heavy heart, he could only pray he wasn't about to witness the murder of his best friend. If he saw Hyde with Jekyll's body at his feet, he would definitely strangle him right there. He would suffer for all the turmoil he caused Jekyll.

Poole was carrying the axe to break the down and Utterson had his gun on his side. As they approached the door, there was a voice coming from the other side.

"No! No! I didn't want this!"

Utterson froze and put his arm in front the axe, stopping Poole in his tracks. The butler was surprised.

The voice...it didn't sound like Jekyll, but it shared his desperation. What the hell was going on in that room.

"What are you doing?" Poole asked.
"That's Hyde." Utterson coldly said.
"No time for that! They're probably at each other's throats at this point!"

Poole raised the axe over his head and slammed it into the door. The door made a breaking and cracking sound. Utterson stood back and watched. He reached down and had his hand over his gun.

"STOP! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!" Now the voice sounded like it was sobbing.

There was some gasping from either Jekyll or Hyde, then the sound of glass breaking rang out. A cry followed after the glass.

Poole hit the door with the axe again. A scream filled with fear and sorrow rang out.

"Please! Please, don't hurt Henry, Hyde!" Utterson cried out.

The screaming from the other side stopped momentarily, but it was only just replaced with wailing. Another swing was put on the door, then there was a loud thump, it sounded like chucking entrails on the ground.

Who was crying? What's going on? All he wanted was answers from his best friend but then it spiraled way out of control in ways he never even considered.

After another strong swing, the door finally came down and Utterson eagerly pushed Poole out of the way only to stop in his tracks and gasp.

There was Hyde, on the ground. A blue concoction was spilling out of a bottle of his hand and his mouth. His rose colored eyes were rolled back. He was also in Jekyll's clothes, which is little bit concerning, but he had bigger issues on his mind.

"Where's Henry?" Utterson asked in fear, "Henry! Where are you?"

Now he himself was getting desperate he walked passed Hyde's body and looked around. But no matter where he looked, he was gone. He was not...here.

"John." Hyde softly called out. It was practically a whisper.

He turned around and saw Hyde weakly turning his head to look at him. Utterson hated Hyde, hated him with a passion. He didn't even need him to confess, he already knew that Hyde had do with Jekyll being gone.

"J-John, please." Hyde begged.
"You deserve this." Utterson coldheartedly said.
"J-just, please."

Utterson should just leave him there to die in front of him. He wouldn't care. He was a murder! He violated countless people, probably including Jekyll! Was crude and inhumane. Still, as he watched Hyde's dying body weakly and sadly begging him to come closer. He realized, leaving him like this, it would make him just as bad Hyde.

He dubiously kneeled down. Hyde's hand shot up to caress Utterson's cheek. He couldn't help but shudder at Hyde's thin and shaky hand touching him.