Percy's POV

I walked on the Camp Half Blood beach alone, looking out into the sea. It had been a week since the battle. The trident had been returned to the temple, which had vanished instantly.

I looked away for a second, and noticed a man in beach clothes walking towards me. His sea green eyes twinkled when he sat down on the sand beside me.

"It's so hard to fish when the fishes are constantly talking to you isn't it?"

"Why did the temple disappear?", I asked my father.

"You've guessed it right, Percy. The temple only comes around when Tartarus rises. One of my excellent tricks." He winked.

"So I've only pushed him down for a while."

Poseidon shrugged, "Heroes come and go, and so do enemies. You've done your job, and quite efficiently might I say. You passed the tests."

I looked at him. He was smiling widely now.

"I'm proud of you, Perseus."

I could feel my heart bursting out of my chest. I realized how much I needed his approval, and how much I needed him to be there for me.

"Tell Sally to make the blue cupcakes she usually does on your birthday, can't miss those."

I grinned, nodding. I blinked and he wasn't there anymore.

I looked at the sea again, and I felt someone sitting beside me. She held my hand and I smiled at her, scooting slightly closer.

This was home, and home was warm and safe.

"Honestly seaweed brain, if you go all freaky blue eyes on me again I'll-"

"Knock me out?"

"I was going to say punch you but yeah that works too."

I laughed and kissed her, holding her chin with my hand. I pulled away, and she rested her head on my shoulder.

We watched the sun go down in its warmth and silence and as the stars took over, we heard happy laughter from the campfire.