𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮,

"Nini!" Dana yelled up the stairs

"Nini!" Dana yelled up the stairs. "Ricky's here!"

Nini screamed on the inside.

"Coming!" She yelled back to her mom. It was Ricky and Nini's first date.

She couldn't believe that, finally, Ricky Bowen asked her on a date. It was kind of crazy. Ever since Nini started high school, her and Ricky have been inseparable. They drove to and from school together everyday, they did homework at each other's houses, sleepover's every Friday (and sometimes Saturdays), they had the same friends, and they just got each other. Nini was ecstatic to say the least, she spent 2 and a half hours on FaceTime with Carlos, Seb, Kourt, and Ashlyn trying to pick out the right outfit. Ricky gave her no information on what they were doing, just to dress nice.

----

Ricky invited Nini over Friday after school, he had the whole thing planned. He talked to his dad about it, since his mom was out of town in Chicago. But he called her too. He wrote a song for Nini. Three weeks ago, Nini officially called it quits with her boyfriend of six months. Nini knocked on the Bowen's door with a tear stained face, Ricky pulling her into a hug quickly. The whole night she sobbed over the boy who broke her heart. As much as it hurt Ricky to see Nini enter a relationship, it hurt more to see cry over it. When Nini cried herself to sleep in Ricky's arms, he vowed no one would ever hurt her again. Once she left in the morning, Ricky sat down at the piano in his house and started thinking of Nini. He wrote a song to convey all the feelings he had for her. It was called "Lovely". He wanted Nini to know how lovely she was. He finished the song and knew it was time. He was pacing his living room when the doorbell rang. His dad was out for the night, giving Ricky the empty house for Nini. Ricky felt butterflies fill his body as he walked to the door. He anxiously opened the door, stunned by the beauty of Nini in front of me.

"H-hey!" Ricky greeted, barely able to comprehend his own thoughts. Nini was wearing what she would normally wear, but Ricky always thought she was breathtaking.

"Hi, Ricky." She smiled at him. Ricky motioned for her to come in, closing the door behind her.

'Calm down, bro.'

"So what are we gonna do tonight?" Nini asked.

"Oh, I was, uh, thinking we could make some dinner then, uh, watch a movie?" Ricky was stumbling over his words, so nervous. He didn't even know if Nini liked him that way, but it was worth a shot.

"Ricky Bowen? Cooking? Should I get 911 ready?" Nini joked as Ricky lead her over to their kitchen.

"Ha ha. So funny." Ricky deadpanned. Nini giggled, one of Ricky's favorite sounds.

As the night went on, Ricky successfully made dinner without burning the house down. Plus, it isn't very hard to mess up spaghetti. Now, Nini and him were sitting on his bed, watching Beauty and the Beast on Disney+. Nini was snuggled up to Ricky with his arm wrapped around her and her head on his shoulder. Ricky could feel Nini's breathing getting deeper and he started to run his hands through her hair. Nini looked up at Ricky, their faces inches away from each other. Ricky bit his lip as he looked from Nini's eyes to her lips. Ricky snapped out of it and cleared his throat, shifting in his place.

"Hey, I have something to show you." Ricky whispered. Nini nodded, sitting up. He grabbed her hand and walked her downstairs to his piano. Ricky sat down, scooting over to leave a space for Nini.

"Ricky, I've seen your piano before." Nini laughed, confused why Ricky was showing her this.

"No, I, I wrote a song," Ricky started, blushing when Nini's knee brushed against his thigh. "I wanted you to hear it."

Nini nodded, letting Ricky place his hands on the keys.

"You're lovely," Ricky started

"If you could see what we see
You'd know you're like a movie
The ones thatmake-believe"

Nini stared at Ricky as he sang this beautiful song, wondering if it was for her.

"Causeyou're lovely
I knowyou don't believe me" Nini chuckled softly. Why would Ricky write her a song?

"Just hear thewords I'm singing
In this song I wrote for you" Ricky fingers effortlessly played the right keys, moving his head to look at Nini who had tears brimming.

"You're lovely
Ifyoucouldsee what wesee
You'd know you'relike a movie
The ones that make-believe

Cause you're lovely
And I know you don't believe me
Just hear the words I'm singing
In this song I wrote for you."

As Ricky finished, he stared at Nini. She wiped her falling tears.

"Wow, Ricky. That was, wow, unbelievable." She smiled as he wiped a tear that escaped.

"Nini, I've been thinking a lot recently, and when you came over when that asshole broke your heart, I knew that I could never let you feel that pain again." Ricky spoke slowly, causing Nini to sniffle while she giggled lightly. "I don't know how you feel about me, but if you're willing to give me a chance, I'd love to take you on a date sometime."

"Yes, Ricky! A thousand times yes!" Nini sniffled as she wrapped her arms around Ricky.

----

Nini reminisced as she walked down the stairs to see Ricky talking to Dana. He was wearing black jeans and a dark gray button down shirt, holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Wow." Ricky muttered under his breath as he looked at Nini in her burgundy floral dress.

"I'll leave you two be." Dana smiled at Nini, giving her a hug before walking into the kitchen.

"Hi, Ricky." Nini smiled.

"Hey." He breathed out. "Uh, these are for you." He handed her the flowers. Nini always complained that her ex never gave her flowers.

"Thank you, I'll go give these to my mom then we can go." Nini said, before walking to the kitchen.

----

"Thank you for such a fun night, Ricky." Nini said as he walked her up to the front door.

"Anything for you, Nini." He smiled.

It was silent for a few moments when Ricky leaned into give Nini a kiss on her cheek. Nini wrapped her arms around his neck to give him a hug, standing on her tippy toes. Nini pulled away slightly to look in Ricky's eyes. Ricky's eyes flicked from hers to her lips, leaning down. Nini met him halfway, their lips touching ever so slightly. Ricky pulled back, looking at Nini who was smiling ear to ear. He pulled her back in for another kiss, this one filled with all the passion in the world.

But, the moment was ruined when Nini's phone dinged. It was her mom telling her she had 5 minutes to be home.

"I guess that's my time." Nini giggled. Ricky nodded and wiped his mouth. He gave her one last hug and a kiss on the cheek before Nini went inside. Once her door shut, Ricky walked back to his white pick up truck. He got in the car and let his head fall back as he smiled brightly.

Waiting for Nini at the door was Carol, waiting to hear about the date she's been waiting for since Nini was 6 days old. When the door shut, Nini squealed. "He kissed me!"

----
hello! i hope u enjoyed this chapter! pls vote & comment if u feel so inclined! i hope everyone is staying safe!!!
love u, norie <3