𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙚.

Ricky might throw up

Or cry.

Or Both.

It was the day after Nini's college graduation and he was going to propose.

Ricky Bowen was going to get married!

Hopefully.

Ricky graduated from the University of Utah a year ago and yesterday was Nini's turn. After graduating and receiving his Bachelor's degree in business, he started working at a business firm. He made pretty good money. Enough to spend on Nini's ring. When he showed his mom, Lynne asked him what the wedding ring was going to look like if this is what the engagement ring was.

He asked Nini to meet him at the cliff where they'd go at 2 am when they were in high school. Nini received her education degree and is off to teach drama at East High, giving Miss Jenn a break to enjoy time with her husband, Mike Bowen.

That's a whole different story.

Ricky was pacing back and forth next to the beat up truck he used to drive in high school. He upgraded, but he thought it would be a perfect addition to the proposal. Nini was going to show up in 5 minutes, and their family and friends were coming 30 minutes after to witness it.

Nini parked her car in the gravel, walking up to Ricky who was standing by his old truck.

"Well, well, well, Bowen. What do we have here?" Nini laughed, giving Ricky a chaste kiss.

"Well, I thought since childhood is over, I'd bring back some good old memories." Ricky placed his hand on Nini's back and led her to the truck. He opened the hatch and hoisted Nini into the bed.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're trying to get into my pants." Nini laughed, reminiscing on the time where her and Ricky were making out in the bed of his truck. Ricky made them stop because he was going to make the moment right for Nini, exposing that he, indeed, wanted to have sex with Nini. It was a speedy ride home.

Ricky hummed as he laid back on the pillows, pulling Nini to his side. "You never know what I have up my sleeve, Roberts."

"Ain't that the truth." Nini laughed. After a few moments of silence, Ricky's phone buzzed. It was his dad saying everyone left for the cliff.

"Who's that?" Nini asked, just wanting alone time with Ricky.

"Work, some of my coworkers wanted to send their congratulations." Ricky said smoothly. It wasn't a lie, he took a week for the celebration of Nini and they wanted him to pass on their messages.

"That's nice."

It fell silent. What if Nini knew it was happening? What if Ashlyn or someone spilled his secret? 'Just calm down, Ricky.' He told himself. He looked at Nini who peacefully had her eyes closed, listening to the sound of nature. He can't believe that Nini was going to be his for the rest of their lives.

Hopefully.

After watching how heartbroken his dad was after Lynne and him got divorced, he didn't know if he could do it. But his dad reassured him a million times, that him and Nini would be different. No one had a love like him and Nini shared, and he was proud of that. He was going to be engaged to his high school sweetheart.

Ricky and Nini laid in each others arms in silence until their family got here. Ricky felt his phone buzz, meaning they arrived.

"Hey Nins, I need to get something from the front, could you hop up?" Ricky asked, Nini complied. She sat at the edge of the truck, but after a few minutes she was confused on where Ricky went.

"Ricky? What's taking so long?"

No response.

"Ricky?" Nini called as she jumped down from the truck.

It was now or never. Well, not never. Ricky had no choice with all her friends and family behind him.

As she turned around, she found Ricky on one knee.

Instant tears. From both Ricky and Nini.

"Nina Grace Salazar-Roberts, a wise man once told me that at 6 days old, you knew I was the one. At almost two years old, I don't remember this, but I do remember when you were 7 and I was 9. You wanted to play dolls and I told you that was stupid. From that moment, I knew I never wanted to see an unhappy look on your face. Later that summer, you dared me to kiss you and ran when i tried. I remember giving you your first ride to high school, creating a tradition for us to wait for each other everyday to drive together. I kissed your cheek that day and wanted to actually punch myself in the face. The next summer, you were no longer that little girl I used to see. We fell asleep at a family movie night and right then, I knew that Nini Salazar-Roberts was the woman for me. But you fell out of my grasp for 6 months. As you cried from a broken heart, I vowed I will never make you feel hurt again. The trips to the creek, late nights in my truck, you created unforgettable memories with me. We were going so well until our first fight. After you slammed the door instead of kissing me goodnight, I knew I had to make it right. Nini, there's no one else I'd rather grow up and fall in love. You never seem to amazing me, Nini. I love you so much. Will you marry me?"

Nini couldn't even speak she was crying so hard. She nodded as she sobbed. When Ricky slide the ring on her finger, he kissed her with all the intensity in the world. He pulled away to wipe her tears as she wiped his. He pulled her into a hug and lifted her off the ground. Everyone around them cheered, Nini finally realizing who was around them. She laughed and went up to show them the ring.

Ricky looked at her, realizing that he would be spending his life with the perfect girl.

----
hey! hope u enjoy!!
norie <3