𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙠 𝙗𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙬𝙚 𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙪𝙥

"Ricky!" Nini ran up to him, jumping into his arms

"Ricky!" Nini ran up to him, jumping into his arms. Ricky had been in Chicago visiting his mom. Two months ago, his parents decided to legally separate. Even though it was heartbreaking for Ricky, he had Nini by his side. She wanted to see him and show him around, so for a long weekend Ricky flew to see his mom. 4 days was the longest him and Nini have gone without seeing each other in all 11 months they've been dating. He grabbed her in his arms and lifted her up, causing her to wrap her legs around his waist. He kissed her repeatedly, smiling ear to ear to have his girl back in his arms.

"How was it? Did you go to the bean?" Nini asked once she was standing on the ground again. Ricky grabbed her hand and lead them inside his house.

"It was nice. My mom took me to all the touristy places they had to offer." Ricky laughed. His mom also took him one place but he couldn't tell Nini. It was a jewelry store to get a promise ring for Nini. They were nearing the end of the first semester of Ricky's senior year, which meant college was super close. He wanted Nini to know that he saw a future with her. So, he had his mom help pick out a ring for Nini. His plan was to give it to her on Christmas, which was only a month and a half away.

"I've always wanted to go to Chicago." Nini pouted as they sat on Ricky's bed.

"Don't worry, lovely. We'll go one day." Ricky assured her as he kissed her forehead. He got up to start putting away his luggage from the trip, leaving Nini alone on his bed. "I missed you so much, Nins." Ricky said once he closed his closet.

"Me too. Never leave me for that long again." Nini said as she stood up to stand with Ricky. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to kiss her. Ricky placed his hands on her waist, his thumbs rubbing against the exposed skin. Ricky pulled back to see the mischievous gleam in Nini's eyes, he knew exactly what that meant. He kissed her again, one hand on her chin, one pulling up her hoodie as he pushed them back to the bed as Nini giggled.

----

Ricky always thought Nini looked beautiful in the moonlight, but in his sweatshirt covered in deep purple and red marks, he thought she looked heavenly.

How ironic.

It was around 2 AM and they were sitting in the back of Ricky's pickup near a cliff. Ricky laid all the blankets and pillows he could find in the back of his car and now he had Nini under him, kissing down her neck. There's no place Ricky would rather be then next to Nini. He pulled to examine the work he left on her, purposely making a few marks dark enough she couldn't hide from her moms.

And the rest of Salt Like City.

"Ricky." Nini whimpered. He looked her in the eyes as she smiled, pulling him down for another kiss. Ricky rolled them over, so Nini was on top of him. She pulled away from their kiss, sitting up. He sat up with her, so she was sitting on his lap. Nini tucked her head into Ricky's neck and she played with his fingers.

"Nini," Ricky started, causing her to look at him in the glowing moonlight. "I love you."

"And I love you." Nini smiled at her boyfriend.

----

Nini slammed the passenger door to Ricky's truck.

"Nini, calm down!" Ricky said as he got out of his own truck.

"What do you mean you "calm down"? Ricky, you said you stopped talking to her!" Nini yelled from her porch step. God, she was furious. Ricky and her were on a date at the bowling alley when his ex-girlfriend, Gina Porter, showed up asking if she could play with them. Of course being the nice guy he is, Ricky said yes. Nini brushed it off at first as just they haven't seen each other in a long time, but then Gina started bringing up things Ricky had said to her recently. Nini couldn't even contain her anger. 'Hey, Ricky, my moms need me home, we should leave. Nice to see you, Gina.' Nini spat at she dragged Ricky out.

"She's in some of my classes! I didn't think it would be a big deal!" Ricky defended himself.

"That's the thing, Ricky! You never think it's a big deal! The moment some asks you to make a commitment, you flake and pretend it never happened." Nini screamed, ready to rip her or Ricky's hair out.

"Nini, you know I love you! Why are you overreacting?"

That's when Ricky knew he fucked up.

"Oh, I'm overreacting? Are you joking?" Nini sneered at Ricky.

"No, I didn't mean it that way." Ricky said, trying to calm Nini down.

"God, why can't you take anything seriously?" Nini raised her voice, "One moment, you're telling me we're going to get married, then the next day I find out you're still talking to your ex!"

"We don't talk that often!" Ricky tried to bring light, but Nini just rolled her eyes.

"Save it, Ricky. Come talk to me when you learn to grow the fuck up." Nini sneered, tears daring to escape her eyes.

Nini slammed the front door to her house. Ricky sighed, leaning against his truck.

No goodnight kiss.

Ricky ran his hand through this hair, tears falling down his face. Wow. Him and Nini's first fight, over something as dumb as Gina Porter. Ricky had an idea. He texted Carol his plan and to let him know when Nini was asleep so he could sneak into her room. He drove his truck home, grabbing the promise ring off of his dresser and making the quick walk to Nini's.

----

When Nini woke up, her throat felt dry and her eyes felt heavy from all the tears she shed after she slammed the door on Ricky. Maybe she was overreacting. No, Nini needs to stand her ground. She turned over and screamed when she saw someone sitting in her hammock chair. It was Ricky, he was sleeping and looked just as rough as Nini did. Her scream made him wake up.

"Ricky, what are you doing here?" Nini got up out of her bed. "I told you I didn't want to talk to you."

"No, I know, Nini. I was thinking about last night. You didn't overreact, I underreacted. I'm sorry for letting Gina do that and not standing up for you. I'm sorry, lovely. I wanted to give you this, I was going to wait until Christmas but I think now is the best time." Ricky said, standing up and grabbing the ring box out of his pocket. He knelt down in front of Nini on one knee. Carol and Dana were peaking through a crack in the door.

"Nini, I want to the spend the rest of my life with you. You helped show me what love was in a time when the love I grew up watching fell apart. This isn't a proposal, but a promise that I'll replace this one day with an engagement ring and one day a wedding ring. I love you, lovely. So much."

Nini thought she cried all her tears out last night. Well, jokes on her.

"Oh, Ricky, yes!" She threw herself into Ricky's arms.

----
hey! i hope u enjoy this chapter!! pls comment and vote :)
love u, norie <3