Chapter 26

Hello guys,

Again, I apologize for any medical misunderstandings or errors. I am not related to any medical stuff and just asked my best friend Google for help.
😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Sunday and it's 7:30 am when Win awakes from a knocking on the door of his room in the hospital. Then he sees Dr. Arun and four other doctors enter the room.

„Good morning, Win.", Dr. Arun says.

Win returns the greeting and sits upright on his bed.

Dr. Arun turns to one of the doctors and says: „Win, this is doctor Kip, one of our assistant doctors in this hospital. So, doctor, what do we have here?"

Dr. Kip opens the clinical record of Win and starts with the diagnosis: „Pawin Wanichkarnchanakul, 21 years old, intracranial injury after car accident. Was in an artificial coma for 21 days, awoken yesterday with no motoric injuries, only temporary amnesia."

Then he shuts the clinical record again and looks at Dr. Arun.

„Good. Thank you, Dr. Kip. So, Win, how do you feel today?", he asks the patient.

Win shrugs his shoulders.

„Well, actually good, but I have a bad headache.", he answers.

„This is the aftermath of the accident and the surgeries after that. The nurses will give you some painkillers for your head and it will be fine soon again.", he says while landing a hand on Win's shoulder.

„Doctor, do you know when my memories will come back again?", Win asks honestly.

„Well, this is hard to say. Everyone is different. There is no recipe or a list at which time everything is the same again. Later today I will come back and we will talk about your further treatments, okay?", Dr. Arun says.

Win nods and thanks the doctor who leaves the room together with all the other doctors.

'What if I will never get my lost memories back? What if my brain was so damaged that I will not only forget the past, but also parts of my future? What if one day I will not even remember my friends and family anymore? What if no one can help me?', Win thinks and his eyes get wet.

He lays down on his bed again, the blanket wrapped around his body. Now big tears fall on the pillow and he sobs quietly. Is this how he wants to live his life? With a huge lack of memories of – supposedly – people he had known, he should know and who are important in his life?

And the boy...never before Win saw someone so heartbroken like the dark-haired junior. Never before he treated someone like this. It wasn't his intention to hurt him, he just can't remember him. But the boy seems to be someone he had a connection with before the accident happened. He could see in the boy's eyes that his world got broken after Win told him that he can't remember him anymore.

The sobbing and crying get louder and he hugs his blanket even more. He just wishes that the accident never happened and that he just dreams all this and just has to wake up from this nightmare.

Suddenly his phone rings and with wet eyes he tries to read the message.

DEAN: Hey, how are you?

WIN: Not so good.

DEAN: Did the doctors check you? Did they find something?

WIN: No, not physically. I hope. It's just...

DEAN: Tell me what's going on, Win.