Chapter 37

The next day Team wakes up in his bed together with his friends Manow and Pharm. Until late at night they sat together, watched some of Team's favorite movies, talked a lot or just sat there quietly. Manow and Pharm didn't want to rush their best friend. Instead, they tried to distract him from the events at the prior day. It was hard enough for the dark-haired boy to even understand his own feelings and to know that it was the right thing to set the whole status with Win on hold. But yesterday was yesterday and today is a new day.

With a little smirk on his lips Team sits up and looks down at his two best friends who still sleep in his big bed. He could always count on them. Carefully, he stands up from the bed, trying not to wake the others up. After a short shower he stands in the kitchen to prepare something for breakfast.

It's Pharm to wake up as second one. When he smells the scent of sweet tea, he also stands up and walks to Team into the kitchen.

„Good morning.", says Pharm sleepy.

„Oh hey! Have I been too loud?", Team asks, but Pharm shakes his head.

„No, no. Everything is fine. What time is it?", he asks then and Team hooks at the clock on the wall.

„It's only 7:30 a.m. We have school at 9:30 a.m. today.", he answers.

Pharm scratches the back of his head and asks: „Okay and why are you awake at such an early time? Is really everything alright? You seem so distracted and with your thoughts far away."

Now Team looks at him with a smile.

„Pharm, you know I love when you and Manow care for me, but I'm not a baby anymore. Of course, my head is full of thoughts and we both now what about. I just... ", he stops, but Pharm already understands.

„Your head is full of him, isn't it?", he says then and Team just nods his head.

„What will you do?", he continues asking.

„Well, what should I do? Go to school and do swimming training as usually. And I'm still the leader of the fundraising project with a funfair and all that.", Team says.

„But didn't Dean told you to do it together with...well, you know...Win? How should this work?", Pharm asks worried.

The other one shrugs his shoulders: „I still can prepare a lot of information for the whole swimming club members and give them tasks. And if I really must stop at a point, I still can ask Win. It doesn't mean that we don't have any contact anymore. We still can talk, but not about...you know...us. At least now. Just until I think, no...until we think it's the right time. I know I also hurt him a lot yesterday. I'm sure about it. On the one hand it breaks my heart to see him suffer, but on the other hand it's also a good sign for that he cares for me, isn't it? I mean, he might not know me, but I still feel that we are connected with each other. I don't want to be selfish. Do you know what I mean, Pharm?"

The smaller one nods his head. Although he's not in the same position as Team, he can understand his friend pretty well. Nobody wants to the see the one you love to suffer. But Team is right in a way. When Win also thinks about all this and he's also sad like Team is, then this really should mean anything.

„You're right and I understand you. And no, you're not selfish. I also think it's a good idea to try to go back to normal. I think you'll have a lot to do with your project and if you need any help, let me know, okay?", Pharm says with a smile on his lips.

„And I will help as well.", both boys turn around to see Manow walking to their direction. When she approaches them, she opens her arms to welcome both Team and Pharm into a hug.