Chapter 27

„Hey, can I come in?", Win looks to the door of his room which opens a little bit and Dean's head appears.

„Yeah sure!", the blonde one says with a smile on his face.

„So, how do you feel today?", Dean asks while taking place on the chair next to Win.

„Well, actually good.", the other one replies.

„Good to hear, my friend. I really thought we could never talk again to be honest.", Dean says and lays one hand on Win's leg.

„You were sleeping such a long time. That really scared me.", he added and smiles, but inside he was really honest and worried that he would never has the chance to see his best friend awake again.

Win lays his hand on Dean's and also returns the smile.

„I know, Dean. I must have really scared you.", Win says.

Dean chuckles and says: „Well, actually not only me. The others were worried as well."

„The others? Who else was here but you and Team?", Win asks with curious view.

'Oops, he doesn't know yet.', was everything Dean could think while thinking about his special person in life now.

„Uhm...some friends.", he simply answers and Win just nods his head.

Then he asks the vice president of the swimming club: „Tell me, what did the doctors say? Do they already have the results of the screening yesterday?"

Win nods again.

„Yes, and besides all the medical stuff I don't understand that much, Dr. Arun said that I have a temporary amnesia, which means that it's just a matter of time until I will remember everything again. Well, I hope so. And I have to get some physiotherapy and learning strategies to train my brain again.", Win answers, but his smile disappears from his face and he looks down to his lap.

„Hey, it will take some time. Just be patient, ok? We all were patient the last three weeks and see! You are awake and nearly the same again.", Dean smiles.

„I hope so.", Win replies.

In a more serious tone Dean asks his best friend: „Can you tell me what's the last thing you remember?"

Win leans on his bed and thinks about it before he says: „Hmm...the last thing I remember was the day I was with you at home and we had barbeque with your family."

Suddenly Dean's eyes widen.

„Are you sure, Win?", he asks in disbelief.

„Yeah, this actually is the last thing I can remember. Why are you so shocked? I mean...oh god! Please don't tell me...Dean, how long ago was that?", Win asks.

His heart starts to beat faster and his hands get sweaty. It can't be that long time ago. How much did he miss? How many weeks or even months he can't remember anymore?

„Dean! Talk to me! How long ago was that?", he asks again, now more curious and shocked.

„Win...", Dean stutters.

„Dean! The fuck, tell me how long!", Win says angry, but worried at the same time.

Dean scratched the back of his head, but suddenly says: „Win, this was five weeks ago!"

„Five...five weeks?", Win repeats slowly.

„I lost all of my memories from this day on? This is...damn Dean! This is more than a whole month! I can't believe it!", he says and a single tear falls from his eyes.

Dean nods.

„Yes, I think so. It was a hot summer day and we still had holidays and I called you to come over to eat together and swim a bit in our pool.", Dean tries to remember as much as possible and Win nods.

„I remember that day. But...what happened after that?", he asks and his voice gets more quiet now.

„Well, school started again four weeks ago. We met a lot of new students. Our swimming team increased and we found some good new swimmers.", Dean says.

Still with disbelief Win tries to remember anything, but with no success.

„Oh...okay. This is good for our club, isn't it?", he says.

Dean nods his head and says: „Yes, the new ones are really good. Especially Team. He is one of the best."

There he is again. Team. The name that makes Win's heart race, but still he doesn't understand why.

'So, he is one of the junior students then. And he must be very good if he could made into our team.', Win thinks.

„Dean, can I ask you a question?", the blonde one asks.

His best friend nods his head.

„Yes, of course!", he answers.

Win can't even explain the reason why, but he blushes before he asks: „Team...he is the one who was here yesterday, wasn't he?"

Dean nods his head again and Win continues.

„Okay. And was he here before?"

Again, a nod as answer.

„Yes, he was here every day after your accident.", Dean adds.

„Every day?", Win asks with eyes wide open.

„How? I mean...why? I don't know him...actually.", he continues.

Dean chuckles.

„Well, actually you know him very well.", his best friend says.

„What do you mean?", Win asks again.

„Uhm...well, you spend a lot of time with the boy lately. But you should talk with him directly about this. This actually is not my business.", Dean wants to end this conversation because he doesn't feel comfortable with the whole situation.

„Dean, you are the only one I know. Who else can I ask about what happened with me?", Win doesn't want to give up.

He wants answers. He wants to understand what happened with him. What happened before the accident happened. What was going on between him and Team? Is Team even more than just a junior of the swimming club?

„Sorry, I can't tell you right now. Try talking to him, please. He helped a lot when I couldn't be around. He was here so many times and talked with you, read some books or play for you.", Dean says.

'So, it was he I heard while I was in the coma?! He was the boy I always felt around me. He was the one who held my hand and sang to me. And he...he was the one who cried because of me?', Win thinks and his heart aches by the thought of it.

Team is the boy who cared for him in the last weeks. The one with the angelic voice and the big heart.

Because Dean feels extremely uncomfortable, he stands up from his chair and says: „Listen, I have some things to do. But I will come back tomorrow after school, okay?"

„Wait! What do you have to do? What is more important than your best friend?", Win tries to stop him.

In the middle of the room Dean stops, turns his blushed head to Win and just says: „Pharm."

„Who is Pharm?", Win asks.

„Well...my...boyfriend.", Dean quickly answers and walks out of the room.

Before he closes thedoor again, he hears a „Your what?" screaming from Win and chuckles.