14 | BURNING PASSION

𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗡𝗔 𝗥𝗨𝗞𝗜𝗔

𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗡𝗔 𝗥𝗨𝗞𝗜𝗔

The next day, we were on the school rooftop after classes. I calmly gazed up at the moving clouds, my head comfortably placed on Kazemaru's lap. I hummed in satisfaction as he played with my hair whilst all the others bickered and bantered with each other about the void spot of our coach. There was no point in practicing since everyone's motivation was down in the dumps.

"I still want to ask that old man in Rairaiken one more time!" Endo said before standing up and running off, presumably to Rairaiken to try and persuade the owner again.

Aki and Someoka soon followed after, leaving me and Kazemaru in a comfortable silence. We stayed there in our position for awhile when I felt Kazemaru stop playing with my hair.

"Kazemaru..?" I questioned as I looked up at him, causing him to look back down at me with a soft smile. Mercury orbs met his own chocolate brown ones.

"Yes, Itona-chan?" He asked back, the soft smile never leaving his lips. The longer I stared at his eyes, the stronger I craved for sweets. Just as I was about to reply, the own growling of my stomach cut me off.

My cheeks flared up in embarrassment while Kazemaru let out a light laugh. His eyes closing and his skin wrinkling as I eventually laughed along.

"G-Gomen, I guess I'm just hungry." I managed to speak out through my laughs. Kazemaru wiped away the tiny tears that built up in the corner of his eyes and the soft smile returned. "It's alright. Let's go to a cafe, then?"