Chapter One

"Hey." Kara sat down in the dining room beside Lena.

Lena was still reading her book and slowly eating her breakfast. "Hi."

"Whatcha eating?" Kara asks softly.

"Toast." Lena said.

Nodding her head, Kara begins eating her own breakfast. "You don't talk much."

"I find that if I talk, people take things the wrong way and assume the worst of me because I'm a Luthor." Lena shrugged, returning her eyes to her book.

Frowning, Kara shifts slightly. "What's being a Luthor have to do with anything?"

"People assume the worst of us. That's why I'm here. I want to show the world that I'm more than just a Luthor." Lena shrugged.

"But you are." Kara responds instantly.

Lena marked her page, closed her book and placed it on the table. She lifted up a slice of toast and took a bite.

"Do you think this will go well?" Kara asks softly.

"If Sara, Nyssa, and Laurel can sort out their issues, it should go well. It's the first experiment of its kind though." Lena shrugged. "Only time will tell if it will work or not. What do you think?"

Kara shrugs. "I hope it will."

Lena nodded. She took another bite of her toast.

"Do you want to play a card game with me?" Kara asks softly.

"Sure." Lena shrugged.

Grabbing her cards, Kara smiles warmly.

Lena smiled half-heartedly.

"What's wrong?" The blue eyed woman asks softly.

"Nothing." Lena said. "The only game I've really ever played was chess."

"Well, go fish is pretty easy." Kara says softly.

"Go fish?" Lena repeated.

The blonde instantly nods her head.

"How do you play?" Lena asked.

Kara instantly goes into an explanation of the game.

Lena listened quietly, eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"And the person with not only the least amount of cards but the most matches wins." Kara finishes off.

Lena nodded. "Okay, I think I get it."

"Okay." Kara says softly.

They began playing the game.

"Careful, she cheats." Alex said.

"I do not!" Kara said offended.

"You used to cheat all the time when we were kids. Don't deny it." Alex said.

Lena giggled at the two sisters interaction.

"I didn't cheat, I got lucky." Kara responds instantly, pouting slightly.

"Rubbish, you cheated." Alex said.

"Maybe you were just really bad at it." Lena whispered, shrugging.

Scoffing, Alex pouts and crosses her arms. "I wasn't bad."

"You really were." Kara said.

Lena couldn't contain her giggles.

****

Nyssa shifts in Laurel's arms as she sleeps, having been up most of the morning feeling sick to her stomach.