Chapter 5

AN: Sorry it's been three weeks. Enjoy!

Blitz

A month and a half had passed since Hearth started teaching me sign language and if I do say so myself I was doing great. Sometimes I got distracted though and learning took full concentration so when I did get distracted we took breaks. Hearth hadn't opened up much about his home life accept to say he'd needed out. That was fine he'd tell me when and if he was ready.

Presently we were both lounging on the couch, him reading a book and me knitting a scarf for him. Why, you may ask? Because he needed a splash of color. It was red and white and was the pattern of a candy cane. At my side sat a book on ASL to help me learn faster. I was too absorbed in my work to notice Hearth was trying to get my attention until he clapped. I jumped, almost throwing my craft across the room.

Holy shit Buddy, you scared me.'

Sorry. Dinner? I'm hungry.' This was something else that hadchanged since he'd gotten here. At first he was hesitant to eat a lot or ask for anything. I had told him time and time again that it was alright to ask and recently he'd grown comfortable enough to let me know when he was hungry. For that matter... My stomach was growling and I hadn't even noticed.

Sure Buddy. What do you want"'

BLT.' That sounded good to me. I stood, carefully setting the half-finished scarf on the coffee table. It's name... Nope, not telling.

Half an hour later the food was done and I set it on the table. Hearth entered and sat down, signing Thank you.' before digging in. After a few minutes of silent eating Hearth dropped his sandwich and got ready to say something. Sign... You all know what I mean.

I've been thinking. If we want to know how to fulfill our dreams we should go to M-i-m-i-r.' I nodded, set down my sandwich and signed, I've been thinking the same thing. But I think we should wait about a week or so. I'll need to finish up a few things and learn more sign.'

True. Sounds great.' We finished our dinner and Hearth went to sleep in his tanning bed. As for me I worked on his scarf a bit before picking up the ASL book to practice as I had for many nights now.

AN: I know originally Blitz bought the scarf or whatever, but I like this better cause reasons. Bye!