New offices

-Eves P.O.V.-
I drum my fingers on my violin as I wait alone in the common room. They should have been back by now. Whatever, I could wait. I am a very patient person.

Another hour passes as I drum out several songs on the top of the hard case. A few people walk by and then come back. The door opens as the gingerish brunet comes back. I stand up quickly giving him a look.
"You again!" I say "I cannot catch a break!" I take a deep breath "well I hoping that I am not bunking with you." They continue to stair at me mouths open. "You are staying with ross..." Alex says his face red.

I pick up my bag and push past him, extending my hand out to Ross. "Nice to meet you. It's a pleasure to work with you." We shake hands and he offers to take my bag.

"I have it." I say plainly as we both tug on it trying to take dominance. "No, I'm the guy, I'll carry it!" I grasp the handles and pull lightly. My brow frowns lightly and I grit my teeth. "Ross Hornby if you do not give me my bag right this instant I will break your fingers."

He grasps my wrists and begins to twist, pain flares. "I have a very high pain tolerance, Mr. Hornby." He sighs and gives up letting the full weight of the bag drop suddenly tripping me up.

"If you'll follow me, Ms. Blackwell." He says.
"Ass hat" I mumble under my breath.

We walk out, I swing my bag over my shoulder, and grab my violin case off of the table following Ross out to the car. The same black on that smith was in, I dump my bag in the back and jam my violin in between my legs.

"It's not far, only a 15 minute drive." We sit in silence for a minute. He takes a breath and begins to talk, but closes his mouth. I look over at him, he looks deep in thought, white knuckling the wheel. He whips his head to glance at me. "Are you sure that you were given up?" He asks carefully. I give him a look. "I was left at the door step my a woman named Janice, dark haired, my hight, and nearly dead. She killed herself with a kitchen knife and was buried by the edge of the courtyard. And no, they never got a last name, never got a father." I huff. That was extremely personal. I was pisst now.

"Why do you ask such a personal question? Why do you care?" I ask. His hands relax. "Well- let's talk when we get into my flat." He says. His face softens. My brain begins to work at light speed. My mother died hours after I was born. I never knew my father, and me and him looked kinda alike....

My face pales. We could very well be half- siblings, I could have a family. A flicker of a flame erupts from my chest, one that I snuffed out and locked away an long, long, time ago. Hope, a hope for a family.

We walk into a small flat, two bedrooms, a bathroom an small living room combined with a kitchen. Tan walls with orange and red accent walls placed to make everything feel cosy and home like. I exhale, the day starting to catch up to me. He points to the door on the left down the hall and I slump my way over and open the door to a double bed, with cream bedding a red wall around the window looking down into the street below.

I strip off my travel soaked clothing and slip into a t shirt and sweat pants and some fuzzy socks. I walk into the kitchen and sit at the island, across from Ross who is clicking about on his MacBook. he turns it to face me, a family tracking website.

His family data was entered a few boxes opened, by a blank box the cursor blinked. My finger drum against the keyboard, as I quickly enter all the info I had on memory. I hit enter and the page goes blank with a loading symbol swirls. I feel Ross press me to the side. And I shuffle over a bit, my eyes glued to the screen.

Suddenly the screen refreshes and a very large family tree pops up. A red box appears over my mothers name, with large black letters, deceased, over her box, along with the rest of the family branching off of her. The flame flickers out a bit but holds strong when a line connects my mother with his father.

Another line snakes off to his mother then to Ross. I stair shocked. His family would never probably accept me, but maybe Ross would. I look over at him. His mouth was wide open just looking at the screen, then to me, then right back at the screen. He then quickly pulls me into a hug, squeezing me tightly.

"My sister..." I pat his back and try to pull away, not being able to breath. "I-air-ROSS!" I smack his back. He let me go and I gulp in a large lung full of refreshing air. he just looks at me. " Your my little sister..." He says quietly.
"And your my brother. Big brother. And it has been a very long day. I have to work and I would not like to late on my first day, I am going to bed, tomorrow I am going to work and apartment hunting." I squeeze his shoulder and turn to open my door and close it quietly close it, falling into bed, barely pulling the covers up as I drift off into sleep.