Burley man - 8

- Eves P.O.V. -
After a few days of recovery and working at home I was back at the office. Apparently we weren't the only two to get the mysterious illness.

Sjin, sips, Kim, and Duncan were all out sick. Hand sanitizer was all but being drank, with the amount we went through on a daily basis. Everything was settling back into the normal work of things, or as normal yogtowers could be, as people filmed and sang, and the random scream from Simon was heard.

Tonight the guys were streaming, and we were quickly coming up on our slot time. "How's it looking?" I hear trotts voice from stream room doorway. The buildings internet had gone out, as they were finishing up glueing Ross's beard on. "It's touch and go, we don't know if it will be up in time for the stream." I say. I was going to be hanging around tonight for technical support. I groan as I get another busy beep from the customer service line of our internet provider. Tom and sparkles*, were seeing if switching out our router would work.

I redial several more times as the launch time comes closer and closer.
I give up, deciding to do a sound check as the guys set up, turning lights on, and doing final set up of the dungeon and dragons game that they were going to play.

"What time is it mate?" Smith asks, as he tunes his guitar. Trott was busy tuning his own and Ross was plugging in his keyboard, so I assumed he was asking me. "So far we are about half an hour past go time." He sighs as I get another shout to check if whatever they were doing was working. I refresh my computers signal and see something that made my heart leap for joy. We had wifi. I quickly shout back the good news as I launch the waiting screen with some of hat films music. "Ok guys whenever your ready!" I yell over the mashing of keyboard drum beats and the guitar duos. Jesus they were loud

"Three! Two! One!" I call out as I point to them signaling that the stream was up. "Oh are we up?" trott asks.
"Good day!"
"Good day!"
"Helloooo!"
"Dammit smith, why do you always do this!" Ross cries out. He was always rebellious. Gingers were ether shy or extremely load and open, and immature. The stream goes on for awhile of singing and dungeons and dragons. Soon my mind wandered to my room at Ross'. I cannot stay there forever mooching off of his food.

Ok never mind, I could always mooch off his food, but I needed my own place to call home, and to be honest I was getting sick and tired of my boxes of things stacked in the closet. I open my laptop, and quickly search for flats, in a basic google search. Time seems to melt away as we take a quick break, for water, or in ross' case, to fill his glass of whiskey up shamlessly.
"What is that like half a bottle already." I comment as I dismiss some creepy horror movie places. 'Please ignore any screams and keep the door locked at all times :)' was one of the requirements. Hella no. I click back at the listings and lets out a exasperated sigh. Today I had contacts in and my eyes were being to feel tired and burn. I blindly dig out my glasses and contact case as I carefully remove them, the feeling very alien yet, and tightly close the small white and green case before dropping it in my bag. Now to getting my glasses back on without poking myself in the eye, or dropping them. My hands grope for the glasses I had set on the edge of the table, as I knock them off. "Hold still." I warm voice says as I sit up and stop moving. Warm fingers brush the hair out of my eyes, and slide my black rimmed glasses on. Alex's cheerful and red face greeted me. "Thanks!" I chirp.
"I also would wait until Ross is sober to tell him your moving out." He adds at the end. I glare at him. "That's none of your shit, now go round up your crew, were back up in just a few minutes." I scold him. He patters out in his striped socks calling for his companions.

I sigh as they file in and the stream resumes. My eyes felt a little better as I push them back up the bridge of my nose with my middle finger, as I click the last link of the site. From first glance I was impressed.