~ Seven ~

Richie ended up not being able to sleep that night. He got super caught up in his feelings and he didn't know how to express then correctly or what he was gonna do to confess to Eddie. He was stressed over the bond that could possibly be so easily broke apart into many unfixable pieces with just a few words.

"Words are more powerful then I thought." Richie mumbles to himself. He thinks how a few words could get you killed, torn apart, messed up, or words can create a relationship, make your life amazing, or even introduce you to your future partner. Words are a difficult theory to wrap your head around. There's so many words, so many languages, so many ways to say stuff. "Now i'm overthinking." The tall boy thinks to himself.

He reaches for his bag and pulls out his earbuds, tangled as usual. As one hand tried to untangle the wires, the other reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. Once he untangled the wires, he scrambled to plug in his earbuds and did not hesitate to click the green and black application labeled 'Spotify'. He scrolled through his many playlists, looking for the playlist titled 'when you're in the feels'.

He later back, closed his eyes, and listened to the sound of 'Crush Culture' by Conan Gray. "Crush culture makes me want to spill my guts out." Richie mumbled to himself, saying it in synch of the music.

After what he thought was a couple songs, he looked over and it was 5 am. He had to get up in an hour so he didn't even try to sleep. His alarm blared in his ear, him not even dazed by it. He put in his camp T-shirt and continued to wake up his other campers. "Did he take his medication for once?" Kai asked. Richie turned around and simply replied, "Mmm I didn't sleep." Kai looked back his "boss" and his eyes widened, "Rich you look horrible i'm sending you over to Bev's cabin."

Richie walked over and looked at his friend at the cabin. "You really stayed up?" She immediately questioned. Richie just nodded his head. "I can take over your cabin, you go sleep, ok." Beverly told him. Richie made his way back to the cabin, immediately crashing once he got in his bed.

Everyone but Richie was eating breakfast. "Hey guys wheres Rich he's usually up bright and early?" Eddie questioned. Everybody else started to question too until Beverly spoke up. "He didn't sleep last night, I told him I would take over for him today." She explained. 'Poor Rich,' Eddie thought, 'I knew he had trouble sleeping but not this much.' He frowned at the thought of Richie not being able to sleep. "I'm gonna check on him to make sure he's doing ok." Eddie blurted our. The others nodded while he stood up and walked towards the rainbow cabin.

He opened the door to Richie's cabin, going into the taller boy's room. He knocked on the door softly, "Rich," he mumbled, "Richie you awake?" He questioned. When he heard no response he opened the door, revealing a knocked out Richie in his bed. Eddie stood there for a moment, making sure the other boy was at peace before leaving.

-

Everyone had rotations today. One group would go kayaking, one hiking, one would make jewelry, another would jet ski, one would fish, one would do tie-dye, and one would learn how to tie knots. Bev went off with the rainbow cabin to go kayaking, one of her favorite activities at camp. She went around bonding with her friend's cabin kids for while.

By lunch Richie still wasn't up so Eddie said he would go check in on the sleeping boy. This time he just barged into a sleeping boy. He wasn't just sleeping, he looked like he was shaking from fear. "Rich?" He asked. He got no response back, so he sat on the edge of the bed and once again stated, "Richie, are you okay?" The sleeping boy was shaking harder at this point, as if to say, 'I would scream all of the known fuck words, but I'm sleeping so I can't.' Eddie tried shaking him, and it didn't work. Eddie frowned thinking, 'I wish I could wake him up he seems so miserable.' 

Eddie saw one of Richie's hands shaking outside of his blanket, so he took the shaking hand in his calm hand. He knew Richie sometimes had nightmares, everyone does. He rubbed his thumb back and forth on the back of his palm to try and soothe Richie. Eddie knew he didn't have to worry because he was just shaking, his breathing pattern wasn't shaking so he wasn't having a panic attack.

About an hour later, Richie opened his eyes only to be met with a worried boy's eyes. "Ed's? What are you doing here? Oh my god, my cabin it's like two!" He exclaimed as he jumped up to rush to his team. Before he could, Eddie pulled his arm down so he fell back on the mattress, "Rich, Beverly is with your team, it's okay." He smiled. Richie took a deep breath to calm himself then asked, "Why were you here and how long were you here?" Eddie chuckled and looked down then explained, "I went to check on you to make sure you didn't die. I came in and you were shaking so I stayed here for about an hour and then you woke up." 

"Thanks, I was having a nightmare I think." Richie responded. Eddie nodded, "What was it about?" He asked. Richie took a minute to think, tilting his head form side to side then responding, "I really don't know, I must have forgot, or I was just shaking in my sleep."

"Okay just making sure you were alright, let's go get you some food then we can go-" Richie interrupted, "Fuck your mom? I need one of those right now." He got an eye roll from Eddie, "Not what I said dibshit. Anyway bitch lets go before I punch your fucking face off from your horrible jokes." Eddie said as he got up and started for the door, Richie following.

What they both noticed is that neither of them let go of their hands when Richie got up.

-

I'm so sorry for making you guys wait!! I was binging defending Jacob and it was sooooo good. Jaeden is literally so talented kadhsahdkashdks. I may or may not have used maybe but I hope not illegal websites to watch it. The end is so sad and if they don't come out with another season I stg. I also watched IT chapter two again and ihdkfhh cri just cri. Anyways Thanks for 250 reads :) Love you all,

- Sophie