~ Fourteen ~

T/w: Mentions of rape/ abuse

"Ben thank god you're here!" Mike exclaimed as the the shorter boy sat down at a table with him and Richie. "We know you read a lot of up-to-date non-fiction books and you may read a little about relationships, cause you and Bev. So we were hoping you do because we need help!" Richie exclaimed, standing up from his chair, Mike pulling him down.

"Yeah I've read about toxic and abusive relationships before, what do you need to know?" Ben asked the two boys. Mike gave Richie an 'I got this' look, so Richie took a deep breath and calmed down. "So you know how Eddie is dating Kai?" Mike started and Ben nodded, "Well we think he's hurting him or doing toxic things to him." Ben nodded his head, "What gave you these ideas?" Ben questioned, trying to keep the two as calm as they could be. "Have you noticed Eddie can't hang out with us because Kai said he couldn't? If he has to walk by us, he ignores everyone, and he blocked all of our cell phone numbers. When I was trying to talk to Eddie, Kai came by and cursed me and Mike out. This isn't normal stuff." Richie explained. They sat in silence for a bit, letting Ben think. Richie's knee was bouncing every second they waited in silence.

"He's being abused and threatened to not tell anyone and manipulated into doing things most likely, or Kai is overprotective." Ben explained, Richie putting his face in his hands. "He doesn't deserve to be treated like that, he's gone through too much as a kid, and now at a place he comes to get away from the manipulation." Richie croaked our, trying not to cry. Mike rubbed his back to try and help, but he knew saving Eddie would be the only thing that would help him.

"We need to come up with a plan to get Kai to admit he's hurting Eddie." Ben said, looking at both of the boys with eyes full of sympathy. "We need to kill Kai, that son of a bitch!" Richie spat out. Right after he said that, a voice called out, "Killing Kai? Count me in!" The three boys turned their head to see a girl with short dark brown hair walk up to the group. "Hi I'm Emily, I'm a youth counselor for team orange, and am technically apart of Kai's 'alliance' but I actually hate him. If he's hurting someone, you best bet I'll help you get back!" She said happily.

Richie nodded his head, "How do we know you aren't a spy for the alliance you guys have?" He questioned, the girl laughing in response. "In the pact you're not allowed to talk shit about him and I break all the pact rules, so I hope you can trust me, I know how to get Kai to go away." Emily explained. Ben chimed in, "Any help would be great Emily take a seat!" Ben patted a seat next to his own seat, his hand being replaced by Emily.

-

After talking for an hour or two, they finally came up with a plan to get rid of Kai. They were going to go to Gina and explain the whole situation to her, without Kai knowing. Then Emily would go talk to Kai and ask if she can ask Eddie some questions alone. They hoped that Kai would say yes, as Emily was one of the most trusted members of the alliance. Emily would take Eddie to Gina's office where he would explain what Kai did to him, then Kai would face punishment, hopefully extreme punishment.

"It's a plan!" Emily exclaimed putting her hand out to high-five the three boys, which they obviously accepted. "When should we move forward with the plan?" Ben asked. Emily took a second to think, as she knew the meeting schedules of the alliance, "I would say on Thursday? We have meetings and serious activities with the kids until then." She said, receiving a negative glare from Richie. "That's five days from now! If you haven't noticed, it's Sunday, I don't want him t-to be there any longer, I could see the sadness in his eyes this morning!" He yelled, not being able to control his emotions.

"Rich, you need to calm down." Mike tried saying before being interrupted. "Calm, fucking calm Mike, calm my ass! He's in trouble and we can't save him! We don't even know what kind of things he does to Ed's, I can't live without him and this, this makes my heart shatter!" He finished, laying his head on the table.

"As I said before, we have a very strict schedule, I wish we could save him faster," Emily sighed then continued, "he does this to other kids. He lures them in by acting like he's hurt, and saying he needs help, then he lets the victim take him to their cabin and threatens them and abuses them if they disobey. It can get as bad as him drugging and raping kids. At sixteen too!" Emily looked like she had more to say, Ben rubbed her back, "You don't have to finish right now, there's always later." Ben reassured her, Emily nodding and taking a few breaths before finishing, "I've been trying to kick him out for a couple years, but the victims are not allowed to say anything or he will makes your life a living hell' which he won't."

Richie mumbled, "Oh god, oh god, oh god." under his breath and looked up. "I see why he choose Eddie. He's more vulnerable because Kai can just take away his inhaler, and he would trust him because I am friends with Kai." He took a shaky breath and continued, "S-so you're telling me that Eddie might be getting raped? I'm sorry I can't, I need to go." He finishes and walks off.

Mike follows him into the bathroom, seeing him break down. "Richie, it's okay, we're going to save him and everything will be fine, we can get him all the help he needs when this is all over, promise." Mike started, Richie looking up at him with tear filled eyes. "He's too young, too fucking young to be going through this, we barely just graduated, he finally gets to get away from his mom and the. this bullshit happens. I fucking hate Kai."

"We all do, it's just five days."

"Five fucking days."

-
Hey guys :) WE HIT 1k READS!!! THANK YOU GUYS SM!!! I just published a oneshot book so like if y'all wanna check that out, jkjk, unless? Anyways this one went nowhere but it had to happen.

Love you all <3

- Sophie