ch 12

I was standing in front of a well-known missing-nin from Kiri. I won't say he isn't good looking. He is in the standard black and blue colors of Kiri. 

I can already tell that he is overconfident. People like this, especially ninja won't get anywhere in their profession. 

Like me, a prodigy, teaching Anbu bye the age of 14 and is now 18

Taiki Yuta, kenjutsu type. 

But unlike him, I have an unfair advantage. But I am a ninja so unfair becomes fair. 

Kurama, Rin

I ask and I can feel Kurama chakra flow out of me. Rin is keeping my control intact in case I lose focus. 

I summon both my katana's and he grins, getting into a stance. My face remains neutral. During a battle, emotions can prove to be fatal. Mira reminded me of that. And I won't let another team die thanks to that. 

And in a flash a red I run across the water. I shushin behind him and strike he blocks my attack. He disappears into the mist and I close my eyes. They will be useless in this fight. 

Guess he didn't know I was a sensor. Don't people read bingo books? 

I can hear Kakashi fighting Zabuza and Sasuke fighting the hunter nin. Sakura is defending the bridge builder from a bandit. 

I continue my own fight, now dulling the other sound when I hear my target. 

I slash in the direction where I heard him. I could hear the sound of someone jumping back, and cloth tearing. What type of shinobi would give away their footsteps? 

Wait... I actually grin. Its a trick, there are footsteps but no chakra signature in that direction. 

The smell of blood hits my nose from the place were Sasuke and my brother are. A small amount of blood hits me from the right and I feel instant take over my thoughts. 

I slash, he blocks or runs away. I haven't even started to use Kurama's chakra. And I won't need to. This game of cat and mouse is about to end. 

I shushin behind the chakra signature behind me and thrust my katana forward, and as he does backward, as he has been doing for a while know, I shushin again and my sword paves through his chest. 

" Monster" He rasps out and I tear my katana from his chest. It's not the first time I have been called that. It doesn't make the sting hurt less. I am a ninja, what am I going to do leave you alive so you can kill me later. 

You do what you have to

Kurama tells me and I hear him stiffen as I feel Naruto's half of Kurama leak out from the seal. Not enough for the seal to break but enough. 

Should I interfere

I ask Rin and Kurama. 

No, it's his fight, let him win it

Kurama tells me and Rin agrees. I shushin towards Sakura and Tazuna, along with three tied up bandits. 

" Good job Sakura," I tell her and she blooms. 

" I poisoned them and they just thought that I couldn't aim," Sakura told me slightly glaring at the men behind me. 

" Attah girl," I say and ruffle her hair. She blushes and I do as well. This team in a matter of days made me revert back to my kid self, something that Asuma, Oji-san, and Kyo have been trying to do for years. 

That's when I see the hunter nin take Kakashi's Chidori to the chest. 

I led Sakura and Tazuna towards Sasuke who is on the floor. 

She didn't hit any major points

Rin tells me and I nod. 

" Sakura take out the needles, carefully don't break them," I say and she starts to take out the needles. 

" Is he alive?" She asks me tears brimming her eyes as with Tazuna and Naruto who calmed down. 

" Yeah, he should be," I say beginning to heal the parts were Sakura already took out the needles. 

Tears fill Sakura's eyes, while Tazuna and Naruto relax. 

By the time we finish an army is heading towards the bridge. 

" Demon of the mist more like the puppy of the mist" Gato states and 

and I summon Kurama's chakra and head to the front holding both of my katana's in a loose position. 

As Kakashi and Zabuuza speak Gato notices me walking towards the front

" Oh if it isn't the Daughter of the fourth Hokage. I wonder how much you would sell for" He asks a lustful grin passes me over. My face remains blank as I see my team stiffen. 

Naruto is activating Kurama's chakra again, Sakura stopped healing Sasuke and stood up, rage is visible in her green eyes and Kakashi let out a low growl. 

In seconds I was in the middle of the mob slicing down the regular bandits. 

" It's like she's dancing" Sakura states in poorly hidden awe, as I feel Zabuza chakra signal join me in the battle, but he is heading directly to Gato. 

" Uzumaki style huh" His gruff voice speaks up from beside me. I simply nod and fall back. If he wants to fight I will let him, I took down my fair share. 

I feel Naruto place his hand on my shoulder and pull me towards him. His reddish eyes are glaring at Gato who is quivering in front of Zabuza. 

I lean my head back into his shoulder and smile. This is a family.