8. Without You

It's been one year.

One year of someone so special.

One year of love coming into my life.

One year of ups and downs.

One year of soulmates.

One year of amazing moments.

One year of small arguments and petty fights.

One year of him being all mine.

One year of taking care of him.

One year of him being with me.

One year of...  Kim Jungwoo.

Since you have last seen us, Kris Wu has gone to prison for 92 years without the chance of parole. He will most likely die in prison because he is is 30 years old. If he lives out his sentence, he will get out at the old age of 122, which is not likely.

Lately, Jungwoo has been really quite. He is not as open to skin ship or even sleeping together. He wont even let me hug or cuddle him!

I am worried. Does this have to do with what happened a year ago? Is he mad that I was not there to stop everything?

After almost a month of him acting like this, I begin to worry a lot more.

Because of how worried I am, I am more tense and stressed.

I am glad though that he stays at home when I go into the office. Lately, I have been snapping at my secretary more often.

I never noticed how much he had grown on me. Nor, how much I needed him.

Every time I try to talk to him, he runs off or is sleeping.

It is beginning to be too much for me. 

I seriously need some help.

My forearms have began to hurt a lot. I went to the doctor with out Jungwoo knowing.

I was told that it is due to my relationship with my soulmate.

Turns out, when you have met them and you do not communicate with them, not on good terms or not in the presence for a long time, your body begins to react.

Because the forearm is the most common spot for your soulmate to write, it is the first place to begin hurting.

This means Jungwoo is going through the same thing.

"Kun, I don't know what to do anymore. He wont even look at me when I call him Snoopy or baby boy! His favorite names!" I sigh, bowing my head down.

"It is as if I do not even exist anymore. Every time I try to hug him, he flinches away or shrugs me off. The doctor is getting worried. If we do not begin to make progress, we can both get really sick. I am already having pains in my skin and forearms." I explain. I roll up my sleeves to show the redness from the pain and the bruises.

"He is going through the same thing right now. I do not like that he is in pain right now." I sigh once again.

"Maybe it is because of what happened? He stopped doing therapy a few months ago, remember? Maybe you need to get him to go to the therapist again." Kun suggests.

"How? I can not even get him out of the house to come here or to go see YangYang!" I exclaim.

"Then get the therapist to come to your house. I am sure he does in home visits." Kun explains.

"Do you think it could actually work?" I ask, looking at him.

"Hopefully"

Hopeful was what I was. But it did not work. He would not even talk or look at the therapist. He just sat up at his headboard, covered in blankets and one of my old hoodies.

"Amber, may I suggest something?" the therapist, Lucas said.

"Anything!"

"It is clear that he is having an inner battle with his self. But, I have seen this before. It is a form of depression. I believe he has clinical depression. While it is something that is hard to deal with, there are ways to get better and reduce the depressed episodes he gets." Lucas begins.

"Have you thought of getting a pet?"

"A pet? I have thought about it but would it work?" I ask, tilting my head.

"In cases I have seen before, getting a pet was the best turn out. He told me once that you often called him Snoopy because he loves Charlie Brown. Maybe a dog?" he suggests.

"I think I will do that. I will let you know if anything changes." I explain before walking him out.

A dog huh? What was Snoopy anyway? A beagle I think... 

But I can't get a beagle. Not only are they a breed that howls a lot but that would be like replacing Snoopy or Jungwoo!

Maybe a tiny breed? Maybe I can convince Jungwoo to go to shelter with me to pick one?

"Jungwoo?" I ask, leaning in the doorway.

I sigh when I get no response. I clutch my arm when I get a pain in my wrist but ignore it other wise.

"Jungwoo. Please! Let me try this one thing! If it does not work, I will leave you be, I promise." I beg. I feel a pain in my chest around my heart but I shrug it off. I watch as the blanket comes off of his head.

"You promise?" he says, looking at my feet.

"I promise!" I say, sitting at the foot of the bed.

"What is it?" he says, curling up.

"You get dressed and I take you to 2 places. We pick a few things and then come back here. That is all. Nothing more then that." I say, sighing.

I wait to get an answer from him. After a few minutes, he sighs and nods.

"Alright. Go out and I will be downstairs in a few minutes." he says, looking over at the door.

I nod and walk out. I grab my keys, wallet, make sure I have my ID and anything else that I might need.

I shrug on my jacket and sigh.

I really hopes this works.

If it does not, then I do not know what I am going to do...