The Report

You woke up the following day, tired and crashed in front of your laptop. You jarred yourself awake and looked at your laptop to see what you had typed up. It was a decent amount. Nothing groundbreaking either. But with the contacts you had, you smirked to yourself and began to get in contact with some people. Within an hour, during your breakfast, you got a call from your police contact. Getting his personal side of the story, you were able to figure out the police had gotten ready for this raid for at least a few weeks.

Additionally, Ms. Joke was never meant to be apart of the raid. She just heard the interference and decided to jump into action. Good to know. As you were eating, you were editing your article to incorporate the new information. Once you were done with that, you got dressed and showered and got ready for some on the fieldwork. You had emailed your editor the night before to let him know that your article would be in later. Better to be accurate than have nothing at all. He had finally responded and said it was good so long as you turned it in before the start of next week.

That gave you plenty of time to start to get work done. While driving to the crime scene, you had called your photographer and your police contact hoping to get photos. While your police contact said it was classified, your photographer had sent about two photos of the aftermath. Not bad but not what you were looking for exactly. You arrived back at the crime scene and began to ask around to different officers and neighbors of the warehouse. A couple of business were surprised, otherwise, not many were too shocked.

One old woman thought you were selling something and slammed the door on your face. You sighed and returned to your car. You typed up what information you could and made the appropriate changes here and there to your article. You sighed as you went tho your phone to make one last call. The call and subsequently the next few hours would be something you would dread. It was time to call Ms. Joke in order to complete your work. After around 2 rings, you heard someone pick up the phone.

Ms. Joke: Hello!

(Y/N): (Sighs) Hey, Ms. Joke.

Ms. Joke: (Y/N)! What a welcomed surprise?! It's been years!

(Y/N): We met yesterday?

Ms. Joke: HA!!! Well, what can I do for you?

(Y/N): I was hoping I could interview you about-

Ms. Joke: The raid from yesterday?! Of course! Break starts in ten minutes, I'll see you at the cafe around the corner! Bye!

You looked at your phone and cocked an eyebrow. It was beyond confusing but considering it was Emi that's not too surprising. She always was a bubbly and somewhat of a party-planner personality. So, this was to be the decided option. You pulled into the parking lot of the cafe and walked inside. You ordered some tea and went to a window seat to wait for her. A few minutes later, you saw Ms. Joke walk on down in civilian clothing. She saw you and winked as she walked inside.

You rolled your eyes to yourself, easily annoyed by the pro hero. She walked right up to your table and sat down across from you, a smile ever present on her face.

Ms. Joke: Hello there.

(Y/N): How's it hanging?

Ms. Joke: Not the response I was hoping for, but hey! Whatever!

(Y/N): I'm sorry. I don't quite understand-

Ms. Joke laughed slightly before she looked back at you. You were visibly confused until you shook your head and regained some focus on the topic at hand.

(Y/N): Well then, are you ready?

Ms. Joke: Of course! Fire away!

(Y/N): Where you aware of the police raid on the warehouse that day?