The Answers We Need

You were pulled into an alleyway across from the cafe. You sighed as you took a deep breath and looked back at Kobayashi. You sighed again and shook him awake. You groaned as he rubbed his cheek slightly and looked over to you. You glared a little as Kobayashi slowly awoke. He dusted off his suit and looked back at you.

Kobayashi: Mr. (L/N). When I said I did not want to come along, I meant it. This is a serious violation of my rights and-

(Y/N): Listen buddy. Maybe next time you shouldn't even try to talk if you don't want someone to spill details.

You turned back and looked forward to the car's main windshield. Kobayashi looked out the window as well. He tapped his thumbs together slightly as you both sat in silence. You sighed and went to your phone as Kobayashi looked around the street.

Kobayashi: Why were you insistent on taking me here?

(Y/N): I want answers. Who is this employer? Why are you threatening prisoners?

Kobayashi: I...cannot say.

(Y/N): Legally you can. ...this isn't even about what is legal or not, is it?

Kobayashi stayed silent. He refused to even look at you. You sighed and looked out the side window. Before you could turn back to the windshield, you saw Kobayashi move slightly. You glanced to him as you saw Kobayashi throwing a punch towards your face. You barely avoided it. You kicked him in the arm to back his arm. He was thrown back a little but saw his briefcase in the back row. He reached down and grabbed it and threw it towards you.

You grabbed it and kept it away from your head. From his sleeve, a knife emerged. You pushed his case away from you as the knife came down. You grabbed his wrist and kept the knife away from your nose. Kobayashi pushed his knife down more and more. You felt as if your end was coming close. The next thing you saw was someone jumping onto your roof and punching through your sunroof.

The hand grabbed Kobayashi and threw him outside of your car. You looked up and saw Joke standing on the roof.

(Y/N): Good timing.

Ms. Joke: You said he was knocked out.

(Y/N): And that was 15 minutes ago. A lot can happen in 15 minutes.

Joke sighed and offered your a hand up. You took it and slowly crawled outside of the car. You glanced over and saw Kobayashi in some capture tape with a boy in UA PE outfit with a mask on holding him back.

(Y/N): I'm sorry, what?

Ms. Joke: What is it?

(Y/N): I thought I told you to...oh. I thought when you said UA, I thought you meant pro?

Ms. Joke: He's getting there!

(Y/N): He's a kid!

Ms. Joke: With a quirk that will help us out tenfold.

(Y/N): Somehow I doubt that highly.

You stepped off fo the car and walked over to the boy and Kobayashi.

Ms. Joke: Meet Hitoshi Shinso.

(Y/N): Hello.

Shinso nodded and turned back to Kobayashi.

(Y/N): Are you sure about this?

Ms. Joke: (Whispering) Just wait.

Shinso untied Kobayashi and stood him up and against the wall of the alleyway.

Shinso: How are you?

Kobayashi: Fine. Why do you-

Kobayashi's eyes dilated and he stood still. Your eyes widen in surprise as Shinso placed his mask on and turned a dial slightly.