Johnny

I peered out the back door trying to see if I could get one last glimpse of Lily, but she was long gone.

"Johnny, would you stop rubbing your face? Did you go out there and touch poison ivy or something?

I quickly dropped my hands and looked over at Aunt Clara,"No."

"Good. We don't need you to have a rash when Peter and Misty get here."

"Wait, they're both coming? I just thought Peter was invited."

"Well, I thought it'd be rude to not invite Misty as well. I mean, she was your date. So, I'd get freshened up. . . Oh! Would you tell Sarah to come down and help me set the table?"

I nodded before ducking out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I knocked on Sarah's door and quickly walked in and shut the door.

"I didn't say you can come in! Stop coming in here without permission!" She yelled as she stood in the middle of the room.

I held my hands up in surrender, "Sorry, Satan. I won't anymore."

She rolled her eyes. "What do you want? To ask me to not tell mama and daddy about what you were doing last night?"

"Actually, Aunt Clara told me to tell you to help set the table once you were done up here, but I don't know. . . Your idea isn't that bad."

She crossed her arms across her chest, "It doesn't matter if I tell them or not. Misty is gonna blab as soon as they ask her about the dance."

"She thinks I took ill. I can work with that. Now, you on the other hand. . . I need to trust that you won't tell."

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Fine."

I smiled and rushed up to her and kissed her on the cheek, "Thank you! You're the best cousin in the history of cousins."

She snorted, "Sure."

I hurried to my room and put on a different shirt and nice shoes before going to the bathroom and washing my hands and face.

Just as I exited the doorbell rang.

I walked slowly to the top of the stairs and listened to my Aunt and Uncle greet both Misty and Peter.

Sarah pushed past me and ran down the stairs to greet them as well.

I rolled my eyes, but started my descent.

Peter looked up as I came down, "Hey, Johnny."

"Hey, Pete." I said before looking over at Misty who was clearly avoiding eye contact.

I smirked as I walked down and threw my arm around her shoulder. To which her face started to turn a bright shade of red.

"Hey, Misty." I said making her look me in the eye.

"H-Hi, Johnny." She muttered.

"Dinner will be ready in just a few minutes. You kids catch up. Hank, you won't mind helping at the table to let Sarah enjoy her company?" Aunt Clara asked as she started walking to the kitchen.

My uncle huffed, but followed her out of the room.

"You look really nice, Sarah." Peter gushed as he looked sarah up and down.

She blushed, "Thank you."

I removed my arm from Misty's shoulder and observed the way Sarah and Peter looked at one another.

The way Peter's voice cracked every so often as he looked at sarah with a glazed looked in his eyes. And the way Sarah nervously fidgeted with her clothes and batted her eye lashes made it very obvious that these two were head over heels.