Chapter Five

The picture is a quick drawing I did of Adaya with my finger on my phone. I promise to add pictures of each person so you get a good idea of what they look like! (I'll try to add colored versions later)

Adaya Ispek's Perspective

Ugh... it's too early for this... I thought as I woke up from my dream. I rolled over, pressing 'snooze' on my phone once I'd heard the alarm. ...Five more minutes...

--

I rushed down the stairs, and straight into the practice room, panting heavily. I'd completely slept through my second alarm, and had been running fifteen minutes late for morning practice.

"Oh, Adaya, it's nice that you finally joined us," the director smiled warmly at me.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized, bowing my head. "I woke, up, turned off my alarm, and—"

"It's alright," she chuckled. "Just try to get up a little earlier next time, okay?"

"Yes!"

--

We'd been doing morning practice for about three days. I'd managed to fix my sleeping habits a bit, and decided to do homework a little bit earlier instead of later, so I'd be able to sleep at a more reasonable hour, and wake up refreshed enough to start practice.

"I'm so sorry, Julius," Sakuya recited from his copy of the script. We were nearing the end of the read-through that day.

"As if I'd let you do such a thing again," Masumi sighed, completely immersed in his character. He would definitely be able to act in the future— that is, if he was able to get his mind off of the director once in a while.

"Look, Julius! Dawn will come soon." Sakuya finished.

I was a little surprised how far Sakuya had come in such a short amount of time. He'd gone from being a complete novice to, well, a little less of a novice. He hadn't stumbled over a single line during the entire read-through that day.

Despite having not spoken to him very often, and mostly keeping to myself, the whole ordeal was still exciting.

"You managed to recite your lines without getting stuck," Tsuzuru pointed out, seemingly thinking what I'd just thought.

"Really?!" Sakuya gasped.

"You said it smoothly," Citron told him, a smile on his face. It was like watching a baby bird learn how to fly, in a way.

Sakuya pondered the thought for a moment.

"You're right, I really did!"

"You two might slowly be getting into sync," Tsuzuru added. The tension from the earlier days was almost completely gone, as Masumi hadn't been insulting everyone as often as he used to.

"That was the bare minimum, though."

...And here we see a wild Masumi in his natural habitat, ruining the mood...

"Well, isn't it good that you've taken the first step?" Itaru asked.

Something bothered me about Itaru— he didn't seem to care about acting, and even left practice early on the occasion.

"I'm so glad..." Sakuya sighed out in relief, dispersing my train of thought. "It's all thanks to everyone and the morning practices!"

Even I was a little bit thankful for the morning practices. Despite having issues getting up early in the morning, I could tell that little by little, my acting had been improving.