Chapter Nine ★

Happy slightly belated birthday, Karasi Vehility!! (And a VERY belated birthday to Kiro-)

Also, a small warning for if you didn't know already, there will be cursing in this story!

Karasi Vehility's Perspective

"You're seriously thinking of going to their auditions?" Azami asked me the day after I'd accepted Sakuya's suggestion. School had just been let out, and we met at the park again. Unlike the day before, it was sunny out, though not many people wandered around the park. The park being fairly empty was just how I liked it.

Even though we hadn't originally been on good terms when he'd given me my wallet back a few days prior, we both began getting along after a bit of time. He'd come to talk to me in the park again, and continued to do so over the course of the past few days. I wouldn't have expected him to come so often, but it seemed like he didn't have many other people to speak to either.

"Yeah. I guess." I shrugged, sighing aloud. I didn't quite want to join a theater— for multiple reasons. "Not like I want to, so don't judge me."

"Still judging you."

"Psh."

To anyone watching, it didn't look like we had a friendly relationship. But even if it seemed like that, getting along with him was quite a bit easier than getting along with my classmates, or other people.

Though, I wouldn't call him a 'friend,' necessarily. I refused to have any of those. It was one of my many choices that I knew had strict consequences— but I'd made it for a reason, just as I made any other choice for a reason.

"It's fine, I'll just go to the auditions and fail on purpose. I'll be fine if I do it that way, since I won't have to do much, and I'll still have shown up."

"You really need to think before you make decisions," he scolded me. I originally hadn't taken him as such a serious person when it came to being responsible, or anything like that. Though, he seemed to have been raised by someone strict— he always referred to this person as 'shithead Sakyo.'

"Yeah, yeah, don't give me this lecture again," I scowled, waving him off. "It's not like you think before you act either. I mean, seriously, who gets into more fights out of the two of us?"

"Me, but that's only because you can't fight to save your life," he retorted, rolling his eyes at me.

"Keep rolling your eyes. Maybe you'll eventually find a brain back there." I said bluntly. A moment passed before we both began laughing at our idiocy.

It only lasted for a short minute.

"Jeez, how do you laugh without smiling?" he asked me, grimacing. "It's freaky, you know."

I rolled my eyes at him, shoving him lightly to get him to shut up. I ended up accidentally shoving him off of the bench we were sitting on.

"Hey!" he yelled, scowling at me.

"That's what you get for calling my laugh 'freaky,'" I snickered quietly to myself. The laugh was genuine— smiling just wasn't really something I could do at that point. You don't smile when there's nothing to smile about.

Supposedly, according to my older sister, I hadn't smiled in over a year, last she checked. In some ways, that worried me, though I quickly brushed it off.

Azami stood up, dusting himself off. A small noise caught both of our attention, and I suddenly began rummaging through my bag. From my bag, I pulled out some cat food I'd been storing in there. We both followed where the noise had come from, and found the small kitten. We'd been seeing it every day, always somewhere in the park.