6

Hello Thursday! After my morning duty, I bathed and did whatever was needed to be done before heading downstairs.

"Dunni! O ti dide lo ri bed! E leyi nii ka ma ri o!" Aunt Dunsin exclaimed. I just can't be late today, I have an apology to make. In English, my sister said; "Dunni! You've gotten out of bed. This is what we should be seeing every day." I grabbed my packaged lunch and went outside. I deceived myself when I didn't take food to school, claiming SS3 asper. But I don learn lesson.

"Brother Saliu, I'm ready." And that was how my journey to school started. I brought out my food and cutlery and opened the flask. "kini on run bayii?" bro Saliu asked what was smelling. Is he crazy nii?

Na my mama's Jollof rice that he's insulting.

"bro Saliu, ki lo sele?" bro Saliu, what happened?

"onge lon tasunsun yii, men!" he exclaimed saying that it's food that smells so good. Then I figured, he wasn't insulting the food but rather hailing the wonderful cook. My mum! I thanked him and soon I reached olive.

I rushed to class just in time, I saw them, they were the only two in class, considering that they are day students like me. "good morning." I greeted but I got no reply. I dropped my bag and searched for the apology letter I wrote and I started to read it to them.

To Anuoluwakiishi and Teleayo, my only friends...

I'm sorry, please forgive me. I will never insult you again. Please, let's go back to the times that you'd be controlling my life. Be my filter, to stop me from doing things that you know might hurt me. I know you two want the best for me. please. Oh please, let's go back to the times that you'd control my life like my mother always does. I love you guys and I hope you'd accept my sincere apology.

Your stubborn friend,

Adunni Adenuga.

"you wrote that for us?" Kiishi asked and I nodded. "pass the letter woman." Tele continued. "it'll serve as evidence when you piss us off again." We laughed.

"you're crazy." I cried. "we love you too." Group hug!

The we heard the clearing of a throat. Sunkanmi.