18

Dunsin picked up Kiishi first who slayed in a full white long sleeved top and washed blue jeans with a blue jean snickers, we both sat at the back seat while my sister drove. Apparently, to Dunsin, I'm still too young to sit in front, I know right, Absolute Tomfoolery!

"You mean you didn't sit in front before coming to my place?" Kiishi asked and I heaved a breathe while reply, "Sadly. The big head wouldn't allow me"

"and I thought she was a cool big sister."

"well, you are very wrong. She's no fun whatsoever!"

"Dunni and Kiishi, hope you know I can hear you two?"

"We know." We laughed evilly.

We reached the Ayodele's home. Finally! Dunsin parked the car in their compound and immediately it came to a halt, Kiishi and I busted out of the car through each door and ran for the main entrance of the building. "I'm gonna enter first!" she yelled. "no me." I run for the door with full speed but unfortunately, that long legged girl got there first.

"Oya, my money." She extended her arm which I smacked away. "Don't you know making a bet is wrong?" she looked at me dumbfounded.

"You didn't know that before you made the bet? And who said it's wrong ehn?" she asked.

"Tele." I said in a childish tone pointing at the entrance door.

"So now you listen to Tele? When did that one start biko?"

"Tele said it's a sin." I said and she glared at me about to give me a reply but stopped when she heard Dunsin's voice.

"look at the two of you, fighting again! If Tele joins you I'm afraid I'd have to take more than paracetamol." We heard a laugh. It was Tele's mum.

"Mummy!" Kiishi and I hugged her tightly. "do you want to injure her? Behaving like monkeys." Dunsin said whispering the second sentence but I had it perfectly and stuck my tongue out.

"Dunsin, give me a hug." Tele's mum hugged Dunsin after we freed her from our bone crushing hug.

They both conversed for a whole until tele decided to grace us with her presence. "tele you can't keep people waiting like that now, it's not right." Her mum scolded.

"sorry mum, I couldn't find the right pashmina to go with my look. I'm sorry aunt Dunsin." She said. Wait first the Tele I know isn't this polite. If only her mum knew. And wait second where's my own sorry?

"it's okay dear." Dunsin smiled. Okay? "it's not okay!" I voiced.

"where's our 'sorry' tele?" it's like Kiishi read my mind.

"se e subu nii?" we glared at her and I was ready to pounce on her.

"Oya! Ma ko won lo." Tele's mum's voice stopped me. "they are your responsibility now.

" You mean headache." Dunsin whispered but only Tele's mum didn't hear it, making the three of us burst laughing.

Truth been said, one of us equals headache, three of us means having a serious hangover from drinking too much. Life is sweet with friends, men.

As we entered the car squeezing ourselves since My older sister said that no one gets to sit in front, okay maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. But still, we ain't comfortable... okay okay we are comfortable. Aargh! I really just want to sit in front so bad. After my grumbling was when I really had time to take in tele's look. As always, she rocked her outfit which was a baby blue round neck top with long sleeves and a long high waisted-skirt with blue and white flowers that suited her perfectly, she balanced the whole look with a blue beautifully embroidered cap and a white pashmina. What?

Am I forgetting something? No, I'm not. Everybody knows the Ayodeles are a reputable family of Muslims. Yes, Teleayo Ayodele is my Muslim best friend and guess what? She goes by Shakira too. I know she doesn't behave like a Muslim but trust me, she's the kind of girl that stands by her morals and religion. She goes to the Mosque every Friday after closing hours at school. Tele is just that crazy, so one might not easily know that she's a Muslim and besides, our school doesn't always the Hijabi or else Tele would have been covering her hair at school too. Having a Muslim has a best friend is actually one of the best yet little right choices I've made. There were even times I'd actually pick somethings from her, like that time I wore this tight set of jeans that squeezed my butt too much. She was like;

"how can you walk in this thing Dunni?"

"isn't it uncomfortable?"

"Don't you feel awkward with the shape of your bum out like this?" and I did. it was super uncomfortable but that was the latest fashion, you can't blame me for that. Tele never wore jeans that showed her bum but whenever she did, her top would always pass her bum, knee length must times. And that her catch phrase anything I asked was; I can't let one unfortunate boy be sizing my butt with those eyes of his. Boys will just be looking and looking. One day they'd fall into the gutter while looking at a girl's behind. That one I promise. When she said that I'd just be laughing with Kiishi on her bed. After that butt tight jeans day, I didn't wear jeans like that again. Like gross, how can you be sizing a girl like?! Boys will always be boys.