27

Thank you for the support timilehin06

Butterflies! Butterflies everywhere!!!

"God, what is wrong with me?! Adekunle!!! That idiot, how can he just say it like that? Abi he's mad nii? Wait, who does he think he is? God, he's so blunt...'that charming girl I'm starting to like yada yada yada'... arrant nonsense. So outrageous. Oshi!" I was rolling on my bed completely going mad and having a panic attack at the same time.

He was just making my head turn me, why wouldn't he like me na? I thought sarcastically. Hashtag the playboy. Ever since he said those words to me, it kept ringing in my head, 'that charming girl... My head o! I held my head shaking myself, I still kept rolling back and forth. Adunni steady yourself, it's not the end of the world. Just simply ignore him, he would feel the vibe and go to trouble another person.

Yes, that's true.

Mission Ignore Adekunle is a go

~-~-~-~-~-~

Ever since I gave myself that mental note to ignore him, I did just that and focused in class since that was the only option rather than making eye contact with him.

Tele, Kiishi and I walked down the halls with our bags ready to go home. The weekend starts tomorrow and our second assessment test starts on the Thursday and Friday of the next week. "Dunni, don't be overconfident because you passed the first assessment test, overconfidence kills. Keep that in mind." I roll my eyes at Kiishi and Tele as they gave me their lecture again.

"Did I ever say I was confident nii? Not to even talk of the over in front of confident." I hissed.

"If you say so, don't forget that it's the same timetable as last time." Kiishi waved.

"why would I? it's English, biology, chemistry, civic and geography. And they are all in my bag. See." I opened my bag for them to poke their heads and showed them the subject name and the books. "Dunni, there's no biology there." Tele pointed out. "Ko possible, it's there, I already knew you needed glasses, no shit let me show you." I searched my bag again but disgracefully, no biology note.

"Ye! It's in my locker! Brb!" I yelled and run back to the classroom area tossing my backpack on tele as she yelled, "You will meet it on the floor!" Wicked Goat.

I entered class, retrieved my note and headed out immediately because I knew Tele can be impatient sometimes. The girl can whine and the whole world... "Senior Dunni!" Senior? Why is a junior calling me? I'm not that popular and I don't really rap with them.

I turned my head to the direction of the voice and stopped on my track. She ran to me. Light-skinned with curly silky looking hair in an up-do, smiling and showing of her white teeth. "Yes dear. Can I help you?" I tried to sound very nice because most students in Ss3 love intimidating their juniors. And I'm certainly not amongst 'most'.

"Hey, I'm Jaiye as in Jaiyeola Adekunle, Sunkanmi's sister- "wow! I did not see that coming. "Are you looking for him?" I asked.

"No o. I came to see you."

"why?" I tried to raise a brow like Sunkanmi always does but I failed miserably and almost laughed at myself.

"he said I should give you this." She expended a letter to me. I examined it and show my name writing at the bottom left corner. 'Adunni Adenuga.'

Forget, he's handwriting is dope. It looks like calligraphy.

"So, he's now too big to give me a letter himself, right?" she laughed but I'm not joking. The next time I see him, I'm going to lash out at him.

"No, it's not like that Senior Dunni! He –"

"Jaiye or whatever her name is, junior girl, come here." I hissed.

" I don't know exactly what is wrong with people of my generation, you just mentioned her name and then you spew gibberish afterwards. Are you thinking?" I had to ask. I'm not going to sit down and watch them as they try to bully Sunkanmi's sister, never, even if I don't like the guy.

"hmm. Calm down Dunni, she'd just going to call someone from Ss2 block for me." she spoke.

"Apart from the fact that you can't think, you can't still see too. Go and find another junior to intimidate, she's still talking to me, Jennifer."

"Just two minutes. Jaiye, come jare!" Jaiye was walking over to her and I was about to stop her when Modupe chipped in. "Jennifer, what do you think you are about to do? Are you thinking? –" I can testify to that, she's not think. "– You no sabi your level sha. You want to send her somewhere? Jaiye? Of all the juniors in this school, it is Jaiyeola Adekunle you choose to send on errands. Let Sunkanmi catch you. He wouldn't care if you are a friend girl. Don't mess with his sister."

"hmmm, my dear, be going abeg. Go, go." She released Jaiye and looked like she was scared.

"Senior Modupe, thank you, bye!" she jogged back to me.

"Benefits of an elder brother, right?" I said wiggling my brows and smiling. "Yes! Absolutely!"

I raised my hand for a high-five which she accepted.

"All what you need to know is in the letter." She said. "So, including where he flown to, where he has been all this while and why he goes home immediately when the last bell is rung?" I asked curious to know where the ode was.

"He said you'd say that." She laughed. "I have to go now bye, senior Dunni!"

What an awkward name combination. Senior Dunni? It gives me goosebumps. Dunni is Dunni. And with that, I voiced my thoughts.

"Wait. Jaiye, one question, if we met on a different circumstance rather than school, would you call me 'Senior Dunni'?" she fidgeted with her fingers. "Answer. I don't bite."

"I know." She hesitated. "while,...n...no." she stammered. "calm down Jaiye, I wouldn't react. I asked the question, didn't I?" she nods.

"So, why you calling me senior, junior Jaiyeola?" I teased.

"Because that is what we do in Olive senior Dunni" Oh really?

"And that's not my name either, Dunni is Dunni." I ended. "But it's an act of respect?"

"Respect can't be commanded, it's earned. Now quickly go, I'm sure your dad's driver is waiting." She smiled.

"Bye Senior –" I sent her a playful glare and she understood the message. "Bye Dunni!"

"Bye Sweetheart." I waved back. She is the cutest. Awwn.