Chapter 1: Team Heroes

Ash: It's a good day today!

Sonic: Look at the screen!

Eggman: Ho ho ho ho! Greetings world! Another Grand Prix is set to begin!

Meowth: That's right, uh... King Doc of Toreggmania!

Brock: That's obviously Dr Eggman and Team Rocket.

James: You think you're fast, grab your Extreme Gear and prove it!

Jessie: The winner gets a disgustingly large scale cash prize, and a midsized mountain of treasure.

Eggman: Don't expect it to be easy! You'll be racing across the world, through hill and dale, from simple circuits to challenges of mind-numbing complexity!

James: Hurry up now, the opening ceremony is starting! Don't be late!

Omochao: Did you folks hear that?! Big news! There's no WAY you can pass up a challenge this juicy! Hurry up, grab those Gear, and c'mon down! And I'll see YOU at the races!

Brock: We may as well check it out.

At the ceremony

Omochao: Ladies and gentlemen, the World Grand Prix is finally set to begin! Once again, we've got every speed freak, Gear head, powerhouse, and ace racer from all over the world here to compete! And bringing it all to you live, I'm Omochao, your eyes in the sky! The opening ceremony's just come to a close, and the riders are lining up for the first race! Ooh, and here's Team Heroes and Team Kanto now, hitting the track right on time! Let's try and snag an interview before the race! So, how are you feeling today?

Ash: Good. Me, Pikachu, Misty and Brock are gonna watch Team Heroes race.

Sonic: I'm looking forward to seeing the sights as I tear through such a beautiful town.

Tails: Just make sure you take enough time to tune up your Gear, okay, Sonic? You always leave all the tech work to me.

Misty: You are the best technician ever!

Knuckles: Ugh, how long are they gonna make us wait? All this pent up energy is making me itch! Come on, let's do this thing!

Croagunk: I sense something fishy about this.

Sonic: More like Egg than fish, Croagunk. He should just come out and challenge us. I'll take him on anytime!

Omochao: Team Heroes is brimming with confidence! Now let's check on the opposing team and their helpers!

Piplup: Look, Sonic's here too!

Amy: What a coincidence! No, this must be fate!

Dawn: Terrible acting... Besides, you're the one that followed him here.

Amy: No one asked you, Dawn! Shush it, would ya?

Cream: Hello, Mr Sonic, Mr Tails, Mr Knuckles, Mr Ash, Ms Misty, Mr Brock! May the best team win! Please go easy on us.

Pikachu: Looks like it's Team Heroes vs Team Rose. It's gonna be a good race!

Omochao: Between Team Heroes' confidence and Team Rose's eagerness, we're in for a treat today! Now let's watch the race!

Serena: Sonic, you would've gone a little bit easy back there.

Sonic: This is a serious competition, Serena.