Chapter 4: Team Rose

Cheese: Chao chao chao!

Cream: What is it, Cheese?

Eggman: Ho ho ho ho! Greetings world! Another Grand Prix is set to begin!

Meowth: That's right, uh... King Doc of Toreggmania!

Piplup: Toreggmania?!

James: You think you're fast, grab your Extreme Gear and prove it!

Jessie: The winner gets a disgustingly large scale cash prize, and a midsized mountain of treasure.

Eggman: Don't expect it to be easy! You'll be racing across the world, through hill and dale, from simple circuits to challenges of mind-numbing complexity!

James: Hurry up now, the opening ceremony is starting! Don't be late!

Omochao: Did you folks hear that?! Big news! There's no WAY you can pass up a challenge this juicy! Hurry up, grab those Gear, and c'mon down! And I'll see YOU at the races!

Serena: That is obviously a trick of some sort.

Amy: If this World Grand Prix is really real, then that means Sonic is here! Let's go!

At the ceremony

Omochao: All right folks! The World Grand Prix is about to begin! The pavilion is awash in a sea of excitement, and you can feel the tension in the air! I'm Omachao, and I'll be bringing you all the action! Let's look in on the opening ceremony!

Alakazam: Just a minute there!

Vector: Count us in for this race, too!

Omochao: Is that Team Rose and Team Coordinators?! You haven't completed your team registration. Meaning you're ineligible!

Vector: Aw, don't be like that.

Alakazam: We've been running as fast as we can since we got here, dude.

Dawn: Vector has been dragging his tail! Talk us out of this mess!

Alakazam: You can't go blame Vector like that! You girls hired me and Vector half an hour ago!

Serena: We just got lucky! We've been cleared to race since we made it before the ceremony ended!

Vector: That's a relief.

Piplup: Anyone seen Cream?

Cream: Please don't... Leave me behind like that... Again! I thought I was gonna get lost!

Dawn: That's all of Team Rose!

Omochao: The race is about to start! Hurry up and get to your positions!

Pikachu: I'm not sure that you aren't in any shape to race right now?

Ash: I don't think so.

Serena: Ash! Did you come to cheer us on little ol' me?

Sonic: Not really.

Tails: You're up against Team Heroes in the prelims.

Brock: We're your opponents.

Amy: This must be fate! We were meant to be together, Sonic! And Serena was meant to be together with Ash!

Ash: Heh heh...

Sonic: Right...

Knuckles: Give me a break... Why'd we get saddled with these jokers for the prelims?

Piplup: Well, excuse me, Knucklehead! I thought we were cheering them on at first...

Alakazam: Yet, the minute we signed up to race, we were in it to win it! It's Team Rose vs Team Heroes.