Day 1

"I always do the same... I'm always careless when it comes to the most important things... Nothing but regrets..." Achilles (Fate)

Waking to the sound of trees waving, birds chirping, the silent wind sweeping in the bright blue sky. Back against a tree trump, the smell of dirt felt... Refreshing, different, frightening.  Where do I start? How should i start? Do I search for civilization or start building? How does my immortality work? Should I be happy? 

This feeling of relief was soon turned into a masochistic fear. 

Without a second thought, I started exploring my surroundings. There was nothing but densely populated forest as far as the eye can see. None of my skills has been transferred to this new world. I must adjust, adapt, and learn. Every failure is a lesson....

I know that... so why were you so afraid to fail? Because I don't want to succeed. 

Hypocrite. 

I smiled back, I know. 

The first thing I noticed was the inability to catch my breathe, my body was inexhaustible from first experience, climbing up a hill trying to get a view. Taking my first steps on this new habitat I was cautious at first, hopping from one clearing to another, bare feet, avoiding any shady places that might have a stick poking out. 

As time went on, I cared less, trying to increase my sluggish pace with every step. My mind focused on my destination, planning, almost in a dreamlike state, what to do. I had little to no survival skills, with a few exceptions of the basics. Anything games taught me is near useless, however... I knew what comes first, shelter. 

I wanted to be a craftsman. Forging blades and armor. Find civilization and live on the outskirts, on a hill top and watch them from above. 

As I dreamed about this possible new life, I had realized I was almost at a full sprint. How long must've it been since I started? Checking my bare feet, I had found multiple splinters and cuts, slowly pushing out the wood, and closing the wounds. The pain faded as fast as it came. 

I smiled, happily knowing everything was going to be okay. Then a thought popped up, this is supposed to be hell. And I know it will be. Two thousand years into the past, humanity has yet to be past the million mark, nowhere in sight, unable to communicate. The first couple years will be a silent mental struggle. I have to put a list of what to remember, practice to make sure I don't forget. Language, music, family...

The landscape was the same spread far and wide as far as the eye could see. A mountain could be seen far off into the distance, from the looks of it northwest of my position, based on, the angle of the sun. 

I need to find a river, that'll be my best chance at finding people or life. The sun  had reached its peak, slowly dwindling down to the horizon. Time was of the essence. For darkness is something I do not want to tread through. 

Bugs are the worst even if they no longer affect me. Always prickling at my skin. I never thought of them as ugly but as a threat because I never really studied them in depth to know the difference. Example being spiders, the bane of my existence because I could never tell if the were poisonous or not. Maybe now as someone who's immortal can spend some time trying to understand them even if it's just a little bit. 

Unable to find a stream, surprisingly, I settled in a small clearing, uprooting the surrounding vegetation around to make space to sleep. My legs covered mud, feeling awkward but I needed it to stay warm, as the temperature quickly dropped. The clothes I started with, my pants especially already had started to fall apart, with holes, due to the branches scraping against it. 

My back against a tree trunk, instinctively swiping at bugs that decided to land on me. As the forest grew silent, I began to talk to myself, my mind plotting possibilities and outcomes of what if scenarios. I began to think about cute girls, the people I got to meet, the people I left behind. Especially... her. 

I closed my eyes as began to hum and sing silently to my favorite song, Hate Myself, by NF. As time passed I found myself drifting away. Maybe out of exhaustion, maybe out of necessity or desire. I don't know. All I know is that... I didn't have a good night sleep. 

The cold, the sound of leaves brushing against one another, the prickling feeling a bug was on me only to realize it was my only imagination, and many more, kept me awake. Waking at unknown hours of the night. Feeling like an eternity. My eyes felt heavy, mental exhaustion had its share on helping me fall back asleep. 

I need something to attach myself to. To keep myself sane. Or else I'll... lose it. I know I will...