Prologue

"VICTORY!!!" The screen shouted, with a bright sky blue colored border, as the base explodes. Exhausted, Vale folded his laptop down, lied back against his chair, stretching, thinking about what he should do next. Pulling his phone out, he realized it was already half past one in the morning. Giving a large sigh, he put his phone away, and looked back behind him, his room, a mess with cups and plates scattered, clothes hanging, food scraps piled up. Mind still awake, Vale decided maybe today was the day. Making his way to the kitchen, only divided by a wall, Vale grabbed a garbage bag and started to clean.

 By the time he finished, the sun had begun to rise, the sky glowed a purple blue, the sun not yet risen above the horizon. Gazing towards the rise of a new day, only sorrow followed.

Changing into his uniform, covering it with a black jacket, Vale opened the door to the outside, looking back, at his clean empty apartment, his eyes sagged for a moment before turning away, closing as he left, never to return. 

"What do you plan to do after you leave?" Yong wondered, right as the last customer left the restaurant.

"I don't know. I just know I want to write. Write a story about life itself."

"That's awfully bold. Where would you start with that?"

"At the bottom." I answered, smiling. "Yong... Take it easy on yourself. I'll close up shop."

"You sure?"

"You got tomorrow off, spend it with your son."

"But it's your last day?"

"I know, I want to be the one to leave last. Thank you for giving me this job."

"No. Thank you for helping us get through the hard times."

"Go. Before I reconsider."

Grabbing his bag and laptop, he left. All alone, in the empty restaurant, I gazed towards the shelf of liquor, towards the empty sushi bar, the desolate kitchen. It was fun. 

But I don't deserve this happiness.

My chest felt like it was about to burst, my heart beating erratically, eyes heavier than it has ever been before. So tired, my bones felt like they were about to crumble by my own weight. The hour nears...

 "Eyy, eyy, you don't plan on suiciding, are you?" A mysterious figure questioned, the voice coming from behind.

"Who knows."

"Of course I do."

"Are you the devil?"

"What if I say I am?"

"Yokatta." (I'm relieved.) I muttered.

"What's with that sigh? You're actually glad to see the devil? I'm actually surprised you don't even react to my appearance."

"You have something that I desire, and I think you'll love, it's just been a waiting game of whether you exist or not." Turning my head towards it. I saw an unspeakable horror, indescribable, my heart had stopped, time froze, as it curled his extensions around me. 

"A fate worse than death..." It giggled, wrapping it's grip around my neck, slowly strangling, choking the air out of me. "Do you even know what death is? What lies beyond it?"

"I... Do.. Not.. But... I know... That I would... Rather... Die... Than... Lose sight.." I could no longer speak, everything was too hazy, as I began to black out.

Finishing, "On who you are.... You are the best subject then..."  Loosening, it throw across the concrete floor. "Wake up."

Suddenly my sense was restored, pain erupted across my entire body. I could feel my own blood spilling out slowly.

"Tell me, you're so young, yet you still want to restart your life. What makes you think it'll change anything?"

"Nothing will change. I reject my own happiness, this desire to be loved. I want to be loved more than anything, to belong to someone, to be understood... Demo... (But...) You know what happened." 

"You want to be forever alone, suffering, struggling, until you break yourself... Hmm... I could send you a void of darkness for all eternity but that would be no fun. A pit of endless pain and suffering is something you would enjoy."

"I request for immortality in exchange to give you a story of madness and corruption, under your name."

"What are you aiming at?"

"Everyone wants it because their time will eventually catch up. Unable to achieve their dreams. I do it for the opposite. I want it to be a reminder of my sin, curse myself for eternity. Unable to attain my own desires."

"Is that not your desire?"

"I'm a hypocrite. A parasite. A ghost, revenant of the past. Nobody will remember me. I want to restart knowing I'll ultimately fail, lose myself on the way, constantly remind myself that I'm the worse kind of person there is. The one who gives false hope, slowing crushing it in front of them. I want to be forgotten forever. No one to love me. I want to see a paradise of irredeemable sin."

He laughed, not mockingly, almost a wholesome laugh. "I'll grant you your wish. Thousands of years to the past, nothing except what you wear and true immortality. Never die, get sick, nor age. You'll suffer alone. See the ones you care fade out of existence, enact all the sins of the world. I honestly can't wait to see what you become. Any last words?"

None.

With a single snap the world began to spin.

Alone the devil, laughed, "You say that to me, when your heart was so pure. Oh god, you'll fall."

I want to see it black and crush everything you've built!