Untitled Part 9

"Idiot!!!" I scolded her, grasping her wrist tightly, as she wrestled with me, her eyes filled with disappointment, a cold anger slowly rising. I didn't care... "What were you thinking?!"

"I was suppose to be with them. Join them..."

At first I didn't understand, they were about to kill you... I wanted to tell her but her eyes told me she knew that, I knew she wasn't naive, and she knew I knew. She was suppose to die, just like me, she didn't want the second chance yet she was forced into it. There was a long silence, letting go my grip, she didn't try to run back, as if she had lost all meaning in it. She just looked down, her shoulders hang, every part of her looked dead, her colors no longer distinguished even in this darkness. "I-... No... Would they have wanted you to die like that?" I questioned. In my mind, I told myself I will not pity her. I will challenge her, I will make her find her own meaning again.

She didn't answer.

"If you died they would hate you! IF you died everything they did would be in vain. Everything you did would be meaningless. They would've died like the weak-" She raised her blade, reaching my neck, slowly seeping into the skin.

"Don't you dare!" She hissed.

"A_____... They died like cattl-" Plunging the blade, the pain was excruciating, I could feel the blood rushing up like an eruption, my chest collapsing on itself in reaction to the pain. Instinctively pulling myself back, stumbling as I fell backwards, my vision hazy as I see her walking away. "Hey... I didn't finish..." As my wounds healed, "A________... THEY-"

"SHut UP!" Dashing back, both blades now in hand, she swung wildly. The air whistled, the tree's cried, the night was all but silent. Dodging the first attack, I unsheathed my blade, parrying the second, diverting the force away, as that single blow nearly put me off balance. She's far too stronger than I, fending her attacks as best I can, I knew I would eventually be overwhelmed, but I needed this to last as long as possible. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it... I hate hurting her. But... It's the only way to get to vent her frustrations, let it all out. 

As we were about to meet blows, she did a quick feint, finding an opening in my guard, she let one blade meet, while using the other to anchor herself and kick me in the stomach, sending me flying. Crashing myself onto a boulder, everything broke, my internals were utterly destroyed, gone, turned into paste, my bones shattering into a billion. In the ten seconds of pain, that felt like an entire lifetime, I lied there overcome in pain. Scared, so scared, so scared, IT hurts it hurts it hurts. I wanted to scream, I wanted to run, I wanted it to end... It's was so cold, too painful to endure. Then in the blink of an eye, it disappeared, now with only the lingering moments of that pain, I vomited.  Then I looked up at her, as she watched me, her eyes cold, dead, void of life... But I saw something... As she stood in the moonlight, it reflected back at me for a moment, for just that one moment. A tear.

I guess I could do... it one more time. Mustering all my remaining strength, I took a step forward, trying to find my blade, ripping off the remains of the blood and vomit soaked mask. Finding my sword I lift it, point at her, trembling as I quickly feel all my sensations waning. "A________... Their lives are meaningless, you made them meaningless because... You were willing to let them die meaninglessly as you are their own memory left."

"I never would have thought of you the type to run your mouth."

"Never was a shit talker.... But at least I know _________________________________________."

Her blue eyes open wide, shining in the darkness, filled with fury, she lounged at the speed of sound. Disappearing from sight, I felt a blade impale me.

I could see a fire in the darkness. ahh... She still has some left. Wrapping my arms around it, I cherished it. "Hate me, A2... For it was my desire that brought you here..."

I know that for certain before darkness enveloped me.

A2

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Why won't you shut up! Why won't you shut up, Kuro? Why does he continue? Why does he say that to me? You wouldn't do that to me! I trusted you! I wanted to scream, it hurts. MY chest hurts so much, why? Why? I thought that I was at peace! I thought I could move on, yet why? Why did you take it from me? KUROOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sinking the blade into his chest, he stood there stunned, still standing, his blade pointed forward, shaking for a moment and then relaxing, he fell forward, letting go, he wrapped his arms around her. "Hate me, A2... I was the one who brought you here..." He ushered, before falling. Catching him, tears in my eyes, I gripped him tightly, pulling the blade out. As I laid him on a patch of soft grass, underneath a sakura tree. She knew it was him, he was the only one who could've done it. How? It doesn't matter.