Untitled Part 7

Unforgivable. Unforgivable. Unforgivable. Those were the only words she could hear, as she ran for dear life. Hiding from everyone, her past, her sins. She knew she lied, so scared, so scared, scared of becoming like them. Hanged, burned at the stake, drown to death, or worse. It hurts it hurts, she didn't mean to hurt him. She didn't mean it. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Forgive me. Please forgive me.

I don't want to die. Those were her last thoughts, as she lied there on the ground, back against the wall, as rain poured down on her, nowhere left to go. She had no money left, no one to help her, no one to forgive her.

Or so she thought. 

It is truly unforgivable for what you've done, Abigail. But I forgive you."

"God?!" She stared up at the light, blinded by his glory. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I was just so scared. Please forgive me!"

"I do forgive you."

Abigail smiled in reluctance, as hope returned to her.

"But you must atone for what you've done. Something of this magnitude will never be forgiven by those around you. You must atone this sin, these acts with your life."

"Please don't. I just want to live."

"You will however you'll live a life as a priest forever spreading my name, saving those in need, never to sin again. You cannot-"

"I understand..." She nodded, dazed by what just happened, what's going to happen. Scared about this new world she'll be sent to. As long as I'm forgiven by god, everything will be alright. I can move on and be the best I can be. Save those in need, put those to rest.

However in this new world, it was hell incarnate. The dead had risen, killing and slaughtering everything in its path at night, only to disappear at dawn. Those taken were up to her, Abigail, to cleanse and put to rest, through her newfound abilities, as she prayed. It's what allowed her to protect herself.

However... 

The voices... She could hear the voices... All she can hear is their voice. The shouting, the screams, the anger, the grief, and their prayers.