So Far Away

8 years ago...

"Taehyungie!"

Jimin ran to Taehyung, the younger dropped the flowers he was holding and caught him as he jumped into his arms, Seokjin watched the two from the counter while thinking back at how him and Namjoon used to be back then while his husband was busy making a bouquet a customer asked for.

When they finally let go of each other Taehyung told Jimin to wait and went inside his house to get something, when he came back he was holding a box.

"I saw these pretty necklaces yesterday when I was hanging out with Hoseok and Jungkook and since they seemed your style I decided to buy them, they're a couple set too so-"

Jimin just stared at it without saying anything which made Taehyung more nervous but he would have never thought the older would cry, he panicked and said "Jimin! It's fine if you don't like it! I-I can just return it and if you want we can go look for better ones─!"

But Jimin just kept sobbing trying to restrain his tears from falling, Taehyung looked over at his parents to see if they could help but they just smiled and went back to what they were doing, 'Thanks Mom and Dad' thought Taehyung and focused back on Jimin, trying to calm him down.

"Taehyung you didn't have to, it's so pretty... I don't wanna change it! Thank you" finally told Jimin while hugging Taehyung. The younger hugged back and sighed "Thank God... I thought you didn't like it" he said smiling, Jimin giggled "Of course not silly! I wouldn't cry just because I don't like something, I was just surprised and... happy"

2 months later...

Jongin was visiting Jimin because his parents called him saying how the younger locked himself in his room and shut everyone out for at least 3 days.
He entered the house to be greeted by the maids and his parents that were wearing a worried look on their faces. Jongin bowed and made sure to let the Parks know that everything was gonna be okay, he went to knock on Jimin's door "Hey, it's me Jongin!" the door slightly opened and there was the younger with red, puffy eyes, probably from crying, "Jimin-" Jongin huffed "Look at yourself, you're a mess! This is not the Jimin from 2 months ago!" he said as he entered the room, Jimin didn't say anything, he just went to his bed and curled himself inside the blanket.

Jongin sighed desperately and said "You didn't say anything when he left, you were acting all fine but now...DAMN-!" Jimin flinched when Jongin raised his voice but then he got up and went over to pick up the necklace Taehyung gave him and stared at it,

"He promised" Jimin started "He said he'll come back to Seoul to look for me after he's done with his studies in Italy" Jimin put the necklace around his neck "I believe in him so that's why I didn't cry at the airport, I didn't want him to think I wasn't happy about him leaving" a few tears rolled down his cheeks so Jongin went over and hugged him tight while saying "I'm sure he'll come back since from what you've told me he seems like someone who always keeps his promise" those words made the younger smile a bit.