Chapter 13

We both went back to the party. My parents didn't realize I wasn't at the party. Chloe sat on her seat together with her family.

I said, "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Radcliffe. I'm sorry I borrowed Chloe from you. We just have a little chit chat about school."

Mrs. Radcliffe smiled, "It's alright Nate. You can borrow Chloe whenever you want. It's totally okay if you didn't give her back. She's all yours."

Chloe yelled, "Mom!"

I smiled, "Please enjoy."

Mr. Radcliffe said, "Thank you we will."

I sat back again besides Naomi. I smiled and hugged her.

Naomi asked, "Nathan, did things go well?"

"Yeah and it's all thanks to you. You're the best that's why you are my favorite sister."

"I'm your only sister, you don't have a choice. I always got your back brother."

I smiled, "Seriously thank you."

It was getting late and some of the guests were leaving. Chloe's family were talking to my father because they were about to leave. I stood up and walked toward them.

I said, "Hey you're leaving?"

Mrs. Radcliffe answered, "Yes we are. The party was wonderful. Thank you for having us."

My father said, "Thank you for coming too."

Mr. Radcliffe said, "Happy birthday again Charles."

Chloe said, "Thank you so much Mr. Irvine". She was smiling and staring at me. Her family were left at the party.

I will never forget that party, that was the best night of my life. My bed was one of the most memorable because me and Chloe did something on it. I was happy that she finally forgave me and we were official in a relationship. Before I went to sleep I texted her saying that I love her, after a minute she replied saying she loves me too. It was cheesy but I like it.

It was Monday and I was excited to go to school. Since most of the students knew my identity, no more nerd looked for me. When I woke up, Chloe messaged me saying she was excited to meet me as a couple.

I was at my locker preparing my things. Ashley holding my locker's door.

She said, "Hey handsome."

"Hey Ash, I just need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I will not be your date on prom."

She got mad, "What? I already said to you that you can't say no to me."

Someone pulled my arm, it was Chloe. She said, "I'm sorry Ash, you need to find someone who will be your date. This man is already mine, you can't borrow him from me."

"You dumped my cousin because of him? You knew Nate is richer than him, you're such a gold digger."

Chloe smiled, "I was falling for him when he was a nerd not handsome rich guy. Frankly, your cousin is a jerk that's why I dumped him. You don't know anything Ash, so you better keep your mouth shut."

Ashley shouted, "Shut up". She left us.

Chloe said, "Let's go to our first subject, babe."

"Babe? From now on I will call you that?"

She giggled, "Yeah, you don't like it."

"Nah. It's okay."

It was lunch break, I was in the cafeteria carrying my food. I was on my way to the seat where I usually sit. Chloe was waving at me and she wanted me to sit beside her with the cheerleader. All of her squad were smiling at me and some were waving at me. Then I sat down uncomfortable.

Some of her squad said, "Hi Nate". I just nodded to them.

Chloe giggled, "Relax babe, please be comfortable to them but not too much. You will get used to it". She kissed me on my cheek. "Girls this is my boyfriend, Nate and Nate, this my girls. Please behave on him."

Samantha said, "Hi Nate. Chloe told me about you just last Sunday and I was surprised. She never told me a story about you before and now I know that there's something about you two. She's been my best friend since freshman year. I hate you for it but I love this girl so I will forgive you."

"Thanks Samantha".

Chloe said, "I'm sorry Sam."

"It's okay as long as you're happy I'm okay with it". We continued to eat our lunch.

Chloe whispered, "Babe my father drove me here. I didn't take my car because I said to him that someone will drive me later."

I asked, "Where are you going? You have a date."

"It's you. Whether you like it or not, you will take me home later. I want to watch a movie with you."

"Oh. okay."

We were on our way to her house. She was busy looking at something inside my car.

I asked, "What are you doing?"

"Maybe you have a secret here that I didn't know. Maybe you dated someone or maybe you and Ash did something inside your car."

"What? No! Nobody sat in the seat where you sit, ever. I swear."

"Okay I trust you. Babe, I'm just wondering you're so rich and this is the car you want to drive? Most of the boys love driving hot cars."

I explained, "I only used this car for school, for a low profile. I have hot cars at home, I've got 5 more."

"Okay, I get it. But babe, you don't need to pretend to be someone or hide what you've got. Life is short, you need to do the things you want to do. You mustn't care about what others will say about you."

I smiled, "Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you babe."

Since I was in charge of choosing what will be watched, I chose one of my favorite The Shawshank Redemption. At first she got bored of the movie, she was looking at her phone instead of television. When the scene was in the climax she put her phone on the table and began to watch. When the movie was finished she was happy.

She said, "I like it babe. The movie was good."

"Are you sure you understand it? Half of the scene, you were looking at your phone."

"Yeah but I have an ear to hear. Honestly the movie was good, Andy was so smart."

"Okay. Thank you for liking it."

"Of course. Anyway babe, you're going to the prom right? And I'll be your date?"

"Yeah sure."

"Yey. Do you already have clothes to wear?"

I wasn't sure what to wear. "Hmmm. I don't know."

She stood straight and looked at me in my eyes. She yelled, "Babe, the prom will be on Saturday!"

Chloe was so serious about prom because she wanted to be the queen of the night. It was like in the movies, most of the captains in Cheerleader wants to be a queen. Thinking of it, who will be her king? I hope I will not get jealous when they are on the stage and dancing.

"Yeah I know it's on Saturday. I'm a guy babe, it's easy for us to choose what will be worn. Our family always goes to the party and we need to look nice and neat. Don't worry I've got a lot of clothes. How about you?"

"I'm sorry, thinking of it makes me stressed. Well I've already got but I don't want you to see it now. I want you to be surprised on that day."

I nodded and grabbed her waist to mine then I hugged her. "Don't stress too much. You'll always look beautiful in my eyes."

"I know". She kissed me.