Chapter 1: Pork Jimin

"When you're older, we'll find you someone. A nice, pretty omega. How's that sound?"

These had been the words that Park Jimin had grown up on. That central idea that he would live a respectable life as a young man, a young, alpha male, and his parents would find him a nice, pretty mate once he turned 19. That's when he would officially be tested for and presented in his rank -- which, of course, would be alpha. After all, the Parks were a family notorious for their line of strong, pure-bred alpha. Especially their male heirs.

Usually, the presentation date for people coming into their ranks was 18, but sometimes there were irregularities. Jimin's cousin hadn't been presented until she was 22, and he knew of many classmates who were presented a year or two before they turned 18. However, a person's official presentation was always on their birthday, no matter the age. The blonde was just unlucky that his was a year later than average.

Jimin had gotten used to the stereotype of being a Park. He would even go so far as to say he sometimes enjoyed it; when he talked, people listened. Though still underage he had some influence over his peers, and even classmates who were older than him and had already been presented in their rank respected him.

More often now people just bothered him about his presentation date, which was honestly growing a bit annoying. Everyone just couldn't wait for the budding young alpha he would soon be.

His father -- the current head alpha of the Park territory -- and his father's father and his father's father's father and so on had all been powerful, pure-bred alpha, the only discontinuity coming from his mother's side. Her grandmother (Jimin's great grandmother) had been an omega, having mated into a family of alphas and passed the sub-omega gene down the line. Yet, by the time it had gotten to Jimin's mother, the omega gene was so diluted that even doctors considered her pure-bred alpha.

"Or, maybe, a pretty alpha instead? Us Parks love our alphas."

It was October, and Jimin was about ready to drive off a cliff. Not because it was October (he rather loved his birthday month), but because this was the third time this week that someone random had approached him and tried to bark up his tree about his upcoming presentation day.

He had hoped that after graduating high school, people would be more mature about things such as rank -- especially concerning his own, which was personal -- but the constant "Good luck, Jimin! Tell me how it goes!" hadn't stopped even in his professional life. Even now, working as an intern at his town's construction company, his pre-diagnosed rank as an alpha was brought up way too frequently.

Jimin knew that people were trying to be nice, he wasn't discrediting them for that, but there was a part of him that always suspected that deep down people only talked to him because of his status as a Park. It wasn't that it was mostly what he was approached about, it was the ONLY thing he was approached about. He hardly had any real friends that talked about more than their ranks or his supposed rank and who he should fuck as soon as he was presented as an alpha.

For now, the blonde just tried to smile and nod at what people said, focusing on his work for the company, content at his little desk in the back room. He only worked weekdays, which was nice, especially since some of the other temps and the actual guys working for construction almost always worked six or seven days a week.

"What's up, Pork?"

Jimin could've passed out from how hard he rolled his eyes. Speaking of the actual workers.

Not only was Jimin lacking in best friends due to what he felt was his stance as a Park, but he had his own personal bully who hated him specifically for his family name: