Chapter 4: Tuesday, Signals

Cindy was absolutely exhausted the next morning. Her boss had asked her to stay late at work the previous night and by the time she had gotten home and then finished her homework it was almost 1am, she wished more than anything she had a coffee but by the time she had gotten up she was running late for school and didn't have time to stop at Starbucks on the way. She made it right before the warning bell was due to ring and groaned in frustration.

Libby took one look at her and knew it wasn't good, "rough morning?"

"Ugh today's going to be brutal, I feel like a train wreck and it's only 7:55!" she then opened her locker, as she did another note fell out.

"Oo girl two in a row? Well come on open it up and see what Romeo said today!"

Cindy nodded then picked it up and opened it.

"Good morning Cindy, I hope you are well today. I shall leave you with only one thing;

I is for incredible, you never cease to amaze me with the things you do and your beauty has truly captured my heart

All my love,

Romeo"

"Damn girl this guy's really got it bad for you!" then she sighed, "I wish Sheen would take some notes from him. Don't get me wrong he's really sweet, we have fun, and I know he loves me but he's not exactly what you would call 'romantic'" as if on cue Sheen chose that moment to stroll over to them.

"Hey Libbilicious, ready for chemistry?" at the word 'chemistry' he waggled his eyebrows.

Libby sighed and rolled her eyes, "First of all I'm gonna ignore whatever your stupid male brain is thinking, second what have I told you about nicknames?"

He looked down, "not to use them".

She smiled and pat him on the head like a dog, "good boy, now come on we're gonna be late" the two walked off hand in hand while Cindy grabbed what she needed from her locker and trudged off to the gym.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Somehow Cindy survived gym class and made it to her 2nd block English class, she walked in and slumped to her seat. She had her head in her arms on her desk and didn't even look up until a voice brought her back from the brink of sleep.

"Tired?"

Jimmy was standing over her with a raised eyebrow.

"Well you'd be tired too if you were out working all night, stayed up doing homework, finally got to bed at 1am and then still had to get up early for school!"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to irritate you further. Here, I hope this helps" he had sat in his seat next to her and that's when she noticed he was carrying Starbucks. He handed her an iced latte and a small bag.

She looked at him questioningly, "what's this?"

He smiled and nervously rubbed the back of his neck, "well I was up earlier than usual this morning and happened to see you leaving for school when I looked out my window. I checked the time and saw it was already 7:40 plus you looked pretty irritated so I kinda put two and two together and figured you were running late and wouldn't be able to stop, so therefore would definitely need a pick me up"

She was too shocked to speak, he really did something this nice for her? She looked in the bag and saw her favorite; a spinach feta egg wrap and chocolate chip muffin, heated. She took a sip of her latte and her amazement continued, it was her favorite; blonde caramel brule with coconut milk.