Chapter 10: Is this the End?

Alright this is another lengthy chapter where you're in for a ride, I will also warn that this one is the most angsty chapter

---June---

Cindy was growing increasingly frustrated as she sat in her 3rd block trigonometry class. It was Monday and the prom was a week from the upcoming Saturday, she had been dropping hints to Jimmy for the past month but he still wasn't getting it. They had been dating since October so of course they were going together, but she had specifically told him on 'Aurora' during their date that she wanted to be properly asked with a prom-posal yet he still had no idea. She loved him dearly, more than she had ever loved anyone, but she wasn't sure how much longer she could be patient before blowing up at him. He may have been a genius but when it came to people skills he was an idiot, with her help he was better than he used to be but he was still clueless about most things, including relationships. For the most part he was a great boyfriend; sweet, kind, funny, passionate; but what he was lacking was listening skills, specifically when she was dropping hints about things and it seemed to go right over his head. What frustrated her the most was the fact that he had gone through so much effort to win her over and ask her to the Halloween dance, yet for something as important as the prom it was as if he assumed since they were dating they were just automatically going together. While that may be true she still wanted to be officially asked like a real date, even Sheen had asked Libby in his own dorky way.

The bell rang interrupting her thoughts. She sighed and groaned in frustration then packed up her stuff and headed to the cafeteria.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

She entered the cafeteria then went to her table to sit at her usual seat between Jimmy and Libby, she wasn't feeling particularly hungry.
Jimmy smiled when she sat down and kissed her on the cheek in greeting, "hey beautiful" then he went back to his conversation with Carl and Sheen. Cindy tuned them out and instead just took out a book to read, Libby could sense something was wrong but didn't push. Cindy didn't pay attention to anything they said until she heard the word 'prom', then she slowly put down her book to listen.

"Alright so great news, for 20 bucks my uncle said he'd drive us there and back in his work car!

"But doesn't your uncle work in a funeral parlor?"

"Okay...so it's not exactly a limo per-say, but close enough right?"

"Sheen I am not riding to prom in a hearse!"

"But come on babe it'd be so awesome and no one's ever done it before!"

"Yeah for good reason, we ain't doin' it!"

"Ugh fine but don't say I never tried to be romantic!" he turned back to the boys while his girlfriend rolled her eyes, "anyways, what color are you guys wearing to coordinate? Me and Libbilicious are wearing purple"

"I think Tina and I are wearing black but I should probably double check, what about you Jim?"

Cindy was still listening intently and could feel her hands beginning to curl into fists.

"Huh, I honestly don't know. Hey Cin, what color are we wearing to prom?"

That was it, Cindy couldn't take it anymore, she simply got up and stormed out of the cafeteria.

Jimmy simply looked astonished and hurt, what the hell was that about? Had he done something wrong? He couldn't think of any reason she'd be upset, he'd been a good boyfriend so far right? He showered her with love and affection, always complimented her, took care of her whenever she was sick, and he spent as much time with her as he could. She seemed genuinely happy when they were together, so why did she seem mad at him?