Chapter 1 - I'm starving!

Happy reading❤

"Ouch that hurts!" Callie shouted angrily.

"Ouch that hurts!" Dylan mimicked.

Callie rolled her eyes and looked away, touching her right shoulder.
Dylan punched Callie at the same spot, pissing her off.

"What the hell Dylan!"

"I just want to break those bones of yours into pieces." Dylan smirked.

He punched her again and Callie hit him on the thigh. Dylan punched again and Callie hit his thigh again. It continued till I interrupted them.

"You guys pleaseee, when will there be a day you two won't fight!" I was busy thinking about what happened today. My dad announced that I should be trained using guns and daggers which I'm even scared to hold. My dad is the strict type, and has succeeded in his long time business so anyone who dares him is freaking dead. My mom was against his decision but that didn't change his mind. I'm really scared now because-

" Nova!!! "

"Uh, yes?"

"Do you want me to have sore throat? I've been calling you for years!" Dylan shouted.

"Oh please, how many hours have you been sitting here?" Callie rolled her eyes at Dylan.

"Have you forgotten w-"

"Just shut up!" Callie cut him short.

"Please don't start." I begged.

"Then tell him to shut the fuck up!" Callie rolled her eyes again.

"You rather need a glue to glue your eyes, as you keep on rolling it. It will fall of one day." Dylan smirked.

"You're-"

"Such a darling, thank you." Dylan interrupted innocently.

"You're so-"

"Lovely, ouuuu thanks." He smiled.

"Annoying asshole!" Callie walked away angrily.

"Thanks a lot b-"

"Dylan please stop." I said calmly. Dylan looked at me and saw how worried I look, something like... fear.

"Nova what's wrong?"

Dylan, Callie and Kenzie have been my friends since freshman's year in Westwood high. I hardly socialize but being with these three made me feel at home.

Callie being the shy type on the outside, but on the inside, you're damn wrong about first sight. Callie had blonde hair with forest green eyes. Her cheeks so big adding to her beauty with a heart shaped lips.

Kenzie is the opposite of Callie. She speaks her mind and no one is willing to piss her off. She has a light brown hair, sea green eyes and hot pink lips with her cheeks being bigger than Callie's.

Dylan is the funny one among us but his anger is never wished for. Dylan has messy brown hair with brown eyes. His lips are so magnetic, which he uses to attract girls. He has a ten year old little sister, Daphne. You can see the resemblance between them, same brown hair and eyes with ballerina pink lips. She's so cute.

I have dark brown curly hair with electric blue eyes. Kenzie, Callie and Dylan always tell me how my dimples make them hardly say no to me, and with my electric blue eyes to attract guys, but damn, I wasn't into guys yet. Not at all.
My elder brother Shane, was a replica of me. We're not twins though but there's no difference in our features. He just looks older with neat trimmed beard. He has the same dark brown curly hair with blue eyes. His dimples are light with soft berry pink lips as mine.

I trust my friends so there's no issue sharing my problems.

"Nova?" I looked at Dylan in the eye and saw concern.

"Tell me Nova, what's up?"

"I don't know whether to take it serious but my dad demanded that I should be trained using guns and daggers. You won't understand me because you're an expect in such things but I'm really scared even to look at them. Why do I even need such training? What if I mistakenly hurt myself? What if I mistakenly kill an innocent person? What if I-"

"Its okay Nova, calm down. It's not that serious. You just need the training to protect yourself."

"From who? Who wants me dead?"

"Not that Nova, you may never know the future. There must be a reason why your dad said that so just give it a try." He smiled.

I was not satisfied even though it made sense. Why would my father say that? Do people want him dead? Are those people associated with my father's business? Has my father wronged someone in a gang or mafia? Do they really want his family dead too?

"You okay?" Dylan interrupted my thoughts. Maybe I should just give it a try as Dylan said. It might be useful.

"Yes."

"Great. You know, Kenzie can give you tips on such stuff, so no need to worry. Okay with that?"

Kenzie and Dylan have been fully trained when we travelled during vacation. Callie and I weren't interested so we observed them. At least I had a faint idea about such stuff after all the movies I watch.

"I'm cool with that." I said with a faint smile.

"Good, now I'm starving! Can I get something to eat?" Dylan cried stupidly.

"Why not." I said in between laughs and headed towards the kitchen. My mom went to visit her old friends back in middle school, something like a get-together, yeah.

I wonder what Callie is doing upstairs. Kenzie was busy with some family matter and apologized for not making it here.

I got some left over pizza from the fridge, heated it, added 3 cans of soda and headed back to the living room. I got there and saw Callie and Dylan staring into each other's eyes. I gasped.

Hey there, I'm Evelyn and this is my first book. Pardon me for any grammatical error and I hope you liked the first chapter. If you did please kindly vote, comment and share and I'll be very grateful.
Hope to see you in the next chapter❤