Chapter 17 - Liked me?

Happy reading❤️

Nova's POV

I was still shocked he still called me Novy and also had decided to help me. Was I dreaming or what?

Isn't this the same Blake who had told me that I was a murderer? What happened?

"Yeah yeah I know I told you that but I... I...was uh just messing around. I know you'd never do that." Wow! He read my mind again, and his smile made me give out a faint smile.

That was when I realised he was smiling. A genuine smile in fact! I guess he realised and quickly straightened his face. He shyly looked away and deep down in my heart I knew I could trust him.

He's decided to offer me his help, relative to the fact that our 'Dads' are 'so called enemies' for no apparent reason. Competition?

I tried to recall my conversation with my dad again. He had said that, the reason for the hatred that lasted between Kai and him was that they were both competing. Competing for what? I turned to face Blake who was already gazing at me intently.

"Why do you think our fathers hate each other like that?" I finally let it out. He actually hesitated before replying.

"Well, my dad just told me that your father is his enemy, and that I should make sure never to get myself involved with his enemies, like Leo, else they might get to know his secrets or any other thing through me and use it against him. 

I've asked him severally, what has he done, but he always replies with, 'just listen to me.'" I just had to give up on asking." He sighed, which made me giggle for no reason.

He also let out a faint giggle and later found myself staring at his gorgeous face. Goshh! What a creature! His lips were just so pink and plumb which you could just .... "Novy?"

"Uh yes? What is it?" Phew, is this heaven?

"What's wrong with you?" He asked with sympathy.
Blake doesn't have the heart of his father. He has a good heart which you might find it difficult in him, and since he doesn't show it out to just anyone, then I'm really special, or? Well...it might just be pity.

I just stared back at his smooth face again, and this time, what I saw in his eyes weren't what I ever expected. Fear? Concern? Love?

Fear of what? Love for who? I might just be making those up, but then still
He continued to gaze at me and the next minute, his lips were on mine.

Oh goodness! I was so taken aback that I didn't know how to react. I felt so shameless just sitting there still shocked with my feets still in the pool.

I then adjusted myself to suit him. He savoured my upper lip, with his palm caressing my waist towards my butt. I sucked into his lower lip and the next thing I knew, his tongue was dangling right in my mouth.

I gasped and he carried me into his torso. Oh Jeez! I couldn't think straight. What was happening to me?

He slid his hand under my top and I quickly separated myself from him, realising my surroundings and everything that was going on.

I felt so embarrassed and quickly pulled myself outta the pool. I grabbed a neat folded white towel and wrapped it around my body.

"Novy," I got frightened at the sudden touch he gave me right behind.

"Y-yeah?" I stammered.

"I...uh I'm so sorry if I made you uncomfortable. Novy, it's just that, uh..." Why did he pause? Wait no...!

"I've just liked you for a very very long while now, and uh...I didn't...I mean I couldn't get the....no wait, I'm trying to say that uh, I didn't have the guts to uh say so...to you actually..."

Wow! Liked me?! I couldn't hear anything after that. Blake Johnson just said he liked me! Me?! I couldn't think straight. I felt dizzy for a second. I think he noticed this because he just held me suddenly.

He looked so worried ugh. His chocolate eyes! I could stare in them forever!
"Are you okay? Is it me? Do you want me to leave?"

I just stared at him. He was perfect. Everything about him. He had feelings for me. Me?
"Novy?" I heard him whisper, staring into my eyes which gave me goosebumps.

"Blake," I managed to say I kissed him. I couldn't help it. I loved him. Yes, love. We kept on kissing, this time more passionate than the first. I didn't care if people saw. It was just Blake and I. My Blake. Mine.

I don't even remember his long we kissed, for I pulled away breathless. I looked up at him and he looked confused. He was wondering why we had stopped I guess. The thought made me giggle.

He tried pulling me closer but I pushed him away giggling. "I think we've had enough, Blake." He looked down at me and stared into my eyes, "Nothing's ever enough when it comes to you. I'm never going to stop needing you in my life. I love you Novy."

Someone please catch me! My mouth completely dropped.  A lump formed in my throat. This was all happening too fast. Blake loves me? Ei wow!

"I love you too." I mummered without realisation. His face lit up, "Would you be my girlfriend then, Novy?"

"Yes Blake." Did I just accept? Just like that? Tears had welled up in my eyes and I couldn't even think anymore. Blake asked me to be his girlfriend and without a second thought, I accepted.

Maybe I just realised how much he means to me. His tender love and care within these few times we spent together, with his handsome features, had just made me fall for him without my realisation until now!

This crucial moment of my life! Kenzie! Dylan! Daphne! Why all these at this time?

But we'll, at this moment, all I could think of was Blake, his Novy, my boyfriend, oh gosh just the sound of it!

I wish Kenzie and Dylan were still with Callie and I to listen to this! I miss my friends so much! I guess he noticed my worried look, he hugged me and kissed me on my forehead and just that calmed me down. I could trust Blake. He'd help me investigate and everything would be back to normal.
And just like that, Blake Johnson was my boyfriend.

Love is in the air🥰
Comments?🤭
Please vote and share 🥺💘
Love y'all❣️