kinda awkward kinda sweet |18|

billie's POV

i hear the door open and three voices. "we need to tell her." this voice sounds semi-familiar but i probably couldn't pick it out of a line up. "you're probably right. maybe she'll thank us" finneas groans. "or maybe, she'll kill us" a very familiar voice chimes in. it sounds like alexis."i vote we tell her." the first voice says. "tell me what?" i ask as i walk out of my room. "oh um... heyyy billie" alexis waves a little. "finneas what happened?" i question, resulting in him only bowing his head. "you know what? let's go with mila. she'll probably tell the truth. mila, what happened?" i ask, seeing her bite the inside of her cheek. "we beat up que." she answers, looking down at her feet.

"see? was that so hard?" i ask, patting her cheek gently. "that's what she said." alexis whispers. "alexis.... good one" i laugh and put my hand up for a high five. she high fives me hesitantly and finneas furrows his eyebrows. "so... you're not mad?" he asks. "well i would've loved to do it myself but he said not to tell anyone! do you realize what you've done?" i ask, hitting finneas in the back of the head. "he needs to learn he can't treat female minors that way.  especially not my sister." he explains in a serious tone. "still! now he's going to be looking for me. or you! or alexis and mila!" i exclaim. "that's true. he'll probably come over here at some point. you should come stay with me. he doesn't know my address." alexis suggests.

"how does your girlfriend feel about that?" i ask, looking over at mila. "alexis wouldn't cheat. i trust her." she shrugs. "awe, thanks babe" alexis smiles and kisses mila's head. "what do you think finn?" i question. "i think you should go." he agrees. "fine. how long?" i ask. "there's no way of knowing. just pack a bag and if you use up all your clothes, we can go get more. finn, you can stay at my place too. and mila i want you with me as well. i know he doesn't know your address but still." alexis explains, putting her arm around mila. "i'm going to stay here, i don't want him coming and trashing the place." finneas shrugs. "okay, that's reasonable. but if you need help, you call me and i'll be here. got it." alexis orders. "got it" finneas nods.

once i'm finished packing i sling my bag over my shoulder and walk out to the kitchen where everyone is. "i'm going to take dragon with me. i don't want que doing anything to my baby." i announce, grabbing my keys. "what if he finds your car in my driveway though?" alexis asks. "shit i didn't think of that." i curse to myself. "you can hide it on the side of the house where the trailer is." she suggests after a few seconds of thinking. "first of all, she is not an it. second, will she fit?" i correct her. "damn okay. she will fit fine." she rolls her eyes and puts her hands up in defense.

i say goodbye to finneas and he says he'll make sure to tell my parents what's going on. i grab my bag and walk out to my car as alexis does the same and we drive to her house. once we get there alexis shows me where i can park my car. "i need to get home. brooks is sick and my mom and dad are both at work so i have to take care of him." mila announces after putting her phone into her pocket. "do you need a ride?" alexis asks. "nah, i can walk" she shrugs. "m, it's dark. i don't want you walking home alone. i'm taking you home no matter what." alexis tells her. "then why'd you ask?!" mila yells jokingly. "because it's polite!" alexis shouts back with a laugh. "bil, you wanna come with? we can get taco bell" alexis sings the last part and wiggles her shoulders. "sure. are you alright with that mila?" i ask. "yeah. you don't have to ask for my permission" mila laughs. we all get into alexis's car and she pulls out of the driveway.

we get food for everyone, including brooks, and finally get to mila's house. "i'm bringing it to him. i want to make sure he isn't dying" alexis announces. "come on bil" alexis orders, pulling me out of the car after a few seconds. i obey and follow her and mila inside. "griz! where you at?" alexis yells once we get inside. "wayo!" she sing/screams after a few seconds. "wayo!" a voice sings back from upstairs. "mystery solved" alexis laughs and jogs up the stairs. "you can come upstairs you know" mila giggles after i sit on the couch. "oh. okay." i agree and follow her upstairs.

"hey brooks." i wave to him a little in the doorway of his room. "hello william." he greets me with what seems like a glare but i can't tell. "how're you feeling bud?" mila asks, sitting on the edge of brooks's bed and ruffling his hair. "i may be sick but i won't hesitate bitch" he threatens, making mila and alexis laugh. "try me bitch" mila quotes a vine as well and brooks smiles. "at least someone appreciates my humor" he says and pulls her into a hug. "ewwwww" she groans and pushes her way out of the hug. "i just thought i'd bring you some food and you know.... your sister. i gotta get back home though" alexis explains. "are you going with her?" he asks, looking right at me. "yeah." i nod. "mila, i want you to go stay the night there too. i know you trust alexis but we can't trust billie" i hear him whisper. "you know- nevermind" i start but stop myself. "what? what were you gonna say william?" brooks asks. "i'm just gonna go wait in the car." i clear my throat and point back to the car before turning and walking out.

after a few minutes alexis walks out and opens the backseat door. "why are you in the backseat?" she asks with furrowed eyebrows. "i don't know." i answer, looking down at my lap. "you know what?" she asks, shutting the door and getting in the driver's seat. "what?" i ask. she doesn't answer, all she does is drive. a few minutes pass and the car comes to a stop at the tree. "woahhh, just because i was a little quiet you drive us here?" i ask in shock. "chill out man, we're just gonna sit here for a little. i want you to tell me what's going on" she explains, getting a blanket out of the trunk. she opens my door once again and grabs my hand, pulling me out of the car after laying the blanket down. i sit down on the blanket beside her and she puts her arm around me, rubbing it up and down. "are you alright bil?" she asks with concern in her voice. "yeah. i'm fine." i mumble, looking down at my lap. "tell me the truth." she orders. "my boyfriend -sorry, ex boyfriend- abused me and told me not to tell anyone or he'd hurt me even more. my brother, my ex girlfriend and her new girlfriend beat him up and now i pretty much have to go into hiding so i don't get hurt again. not to mention how happy you and mila seem together. it just makes me miss the way things were between us. i don't know. i forced myself to move on when i barely even liked the guy and now here you are with-" i ramble until alexis presses a finger to my lips. "slow down. i get that it's hard, but it'll get easier. trust me." she says in a calming voice. "that's what she said." i whisper, making her laugh and lean her head against my shoulder. "i've missed you bil" she tells me. "i've missed you too, lex."

——————————————————————
a/n: i have returned