are your parents okay with that? |28|

alexis's POV

"anyway, what i'm thinking is, you use your big smart brain and get that main in jail." i end my speech to dad about everything that happened with que and why he should help billie. "so what i'm hearing is... you and billie are back together? how do her parents feel about that?" dad asks. "they're fine with it." i lie, harnessing my inner actress so my dad believes me. "is that so? then i guess there'd be no problem with having them over for dinner to discuss your relationship" he shrugs. "okay okay! they don't know." i give in. "damn. so close" billie mumbles to me sarcastically. "billie, i want you to tell your parents that you are dating my daughter or i'm sorry but i can't help you." dad announces. "but-" she starts but is immediately cut off. "no buts. you're telling them." dad interrupts. "fine." she sighs. "do you want me to go with you?" i ask. "as much as i would love that, i think i should go alone." she answers. "okay. let me know how it goes." i order, letting go of her hand that i've been holding this whole time. "okay. bye angel. bye william." she nods and pecks her lips to mine before waving to my dad and leaving. "one more question. how long has she been staying here?"

after explaining everything to dad his strict expression softens, showing that he is obviously upset. "okay. i guess i'll help her." he gives in. "you better. that man deserves to go to jail for what he did to her." i respond. "i agree. oh, looks like i'm getting a call from patrick. one second" dad puts one finger up and leaves the room.

a few seconds later my phone starts to ring and i see billie is facetiming me, making me answer immediately. "so? what'd they say?" i ask. "they're just... i don't know. i'm in my room right now while my dad talks to yours. i'm pretty sure he's upset but i can't really tell. he was weirdly calm about it." she explains. "will you be able to come over tonight?" i ask. "i don't know. it just depends on how the conversation goes between our dads." she shrugs. "trust me. my dad will persuade him. that's kinda what he does for a living" i laugh a little, making her smile slightly.

we talk for a little while longer until my dad knocks on my door, right as patrick knocks on billie's. "i'll call you in a bit." she rushes out. "good luck." i blow her a kiss and she smiles. "thanks baby" she responds, blowing me a kiss as well before hanging up.

"so what'd he say?" i ask. "after a long time of persuading him, he said that he'd love to see where yours and billie's relationship goes. he says he agrees with the whole court thing and we talked that out for a while. all in all, you two are in the clear." he smiles, clapping once and clasping his hands together. "thank you so much dad!" i smile and hop off my bed, engulfing my dad in my arms as best as i can. "no problem sweetheart. you wanna watch a movie?" he suggests with a laugh. "sure" i agree.

hopefully billie and her dad have a similar conversation.