KageHina - Braces

A/N: i got this idea from the comic above^ also Hinata with braces gives me life. by the way, none of the art belong to me (pffft i wish it did).

oh and watch the video up top for later for seemingly no reason but i made a connection and i love it so i'm sticking with it! enjoy!

"Bring it here!" Hinata yelled as he jumped high into the air, closing his eyes as he vertically passed the volleyball net.

Kageyama quickly set the ball right to Hinata, the little ball of sunshine quickly completing the freak quick attack. The redhead having spiked it, the blockers didn't stand a chance, giving the dynamic duo and their team another point.

They were playing a quick game during practice, a nice 6v6. They had Kageyama, Hinata, Ennoshita, Tanaka, Kinoshita, and Narita on one side, and Sugawara, Daichi, Nishinoya, Asahi, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi on the other.

Having pretty evenly balanced out the game, the score stood at a tight 21-23, Suga's team in the lead. This practice game was mainly to work on perfecting the freak quick, but also having the opposing team practicing blocking quick attacks like that. If Tsukishima could block that, he'd be unstoppable.

After a few more scores, Sugawara's team won. It wasn't too surprising, considering they had defense down with Nishinoya guarding the others, but Kageyama's team put up a really well fight. The winning team cheered, leaving the losing team to pout about their punishment (Daichi decided before the game that the losers will clean up the gym, and winners will earn free meat buns).

Coach Ukai yelled at them to stop pouting, and gave them a few notes before Takeda spoke a few words to them. Before long, Karasuno was free to change and leave.

The whole time, Hinata teammates noticed something was off about the redhead. He was a lot quieter than normal, and when he did speak, he held his head down so nobody could see his face. The ginger wouldn't even smile. At this point, Kageyama basically stared at Hinata, squinting his eyes and pouting his lips, trying to figure out what was wrong with his special decoy.

Hinata looked up nervously at the scary setter, starting to sweat. Kageyama wouldn't break his glare as he suddenly spoke up.

"Oi dumbass, what's up with you? You haven't said a thing today other than when you're on the court. Got a problem with me?" Kageyama mumbled, his cold voice hitting Hinata harshly.

"Actually, Kageyama's right. You haven't spoken much today. Did something happen between you two?" Daichi sternly pointed a finger between the two first-years, his other hand making it's way to his hip.

The dad pose... Oh no. Both of the first years quickly shook their head, not wanting their captain to get mad at them again. They knew he was scary.

"Hinata, you really haven't said much, and when you do, you always look down or away so nobody can see your face. I don't think I've seen you smile today... Is everything alright?" Sugawara walked up besides Daichi, a worried look growing on his face as he looked down at the decoy, concern apparent in his voice.

Hinata quickly grew anxious again as more people slowly started walking over, drawing more attention to him. Pretty soon the whole team was gathered around him, making him start to slightly tremble. Kageyama was the closest to him so he turned towards him nervously, the sweat falling down his face making it obvious there was something he was scared to say.

"Hinata.. you don't have to say anything if you don't want to." Kageyama mumbled, quiet enough so only the redhead could hear. Due to the other voices in the room, it wasn't difficult to mask his voice to the rest of his teammates.