01 | ROOMIE

Jeongguk carefully strolled towards his small appartment, and adjusted the various shopping bags balanced in his arms as he fished out his house keys from the back pocket of his black, ripped skinny jeans.

"Yuggie, I'm home." He called out once he opened the door, "I got you those American snacks you like so much—took forever to find them." He tossed his keys into the empty porcelain fruit bowl in the corner of the kitchenette countertop. "Yuggie, you here?" He received no response.

With a shrug, he packed the groceries into its respective cabinets. And oddly enough, he heard a peculiar sound occur from his bedroom. Strange, he thought. Out of curiosity, he crept towards the source that increased volume as he gradually neared. The ivory skin between his linear brows scrunched together. He pressed his ear against his bedroom door and listened with rapt attention.

His eyes sprawled wide, jaw slackened, at the lewd, muffled moans. "No, it can't be..." he muttered, in a state of denial. "He wouldn't."

He treaded back slightly, heart restless in his chest. After he gathered enough courage and inhaled deeply, he reached for the metallic doorknob and twisted it.

"You bastard!" His world stopped.

Rage rippled though his entire being and it was evidently red across his face. He could not even look at the disgusting, crude sight before him—his four-year boyfriend on top, inside, of another man. He swallowed thickly and gnawed on his lip to keep the tears at bay, but they slowly shed and he covered his mouth with his palm. He spun on his heel and stormed off to the lounge, which was connected to the kitchenette.

"Jeongguk!" Yugyeom called, he followed after Jeongguk and reached for his arm. But Jeongguk pushed him away.

"Don't fucking touch me!" He yelled. "You were just inside another man. I can't believe you—"

"You had to see it coming."

"No, I didn't! I thought you—I thought we were—" he choked on a sob.

"Our relationship got stale, Jeongguk."

"So that's why you hit me yesterday?" He hissed, a look of distaste and disbelief flared across his delicate features. "Because our relationship became stale?"

"I did that because you were acting like a bitch! How long's it been since we've had sex? Three months? Four? You starved me into this," Yugyeom growled and coiled his fists.

"I 'starved you from sex'? Seriously?" Jeongguk almost scoffed, he ran a frustrated hand through his long ebony locks that had blue tips. "You were the one who suggested we take a break!"

"That doesn't mean you can't try! It was meant to spice up our sex life." Yugyeom grabbed Jeongguk's narrow wrist and the latter thrashed and tried to jerk out of his callous grasp. But as he struggled, his elbow accidentally whacked Yugyeom's jaw. He gasped in fear.

"I-I'm—" He yelped in agony when Yugyeom's large hand collided against his cheek, so hard he collapsed.

"You monster!" The man, whom Yugyeom cheated on Jeongguk with, screeched and rushed to Jeongguk's side. He helped him to his feet. "He never told me about you," he confessed softly. Jeongguk was unsurprised, at this point. Tears cascaded his face and somewhat soothed his cheek that still stung.

"Get out," Jeongguk but merely whispered, eyes downcast.

"What?" Yugyeom scoffed.

"I said get the fuck out!" He hollered. And the man who helped him up flinched at his harsh tone. "Leave!" A fraudulent sense of confidence overtook him and he marched up to Yugyeom with fire in his eyes.