02 | ROOMIE

Jeongguk shut the door softly, he had just returned from work, and tossed his keys into the empty fruit bowl. He expected the apartment to be dead silent, but he heard Yoongi's voice and a stranger's as well.

He entered the spacious living room and carefully set his ring binders down on the oak Peyton coffee table, before he slowy approached Yoongi and the stranger who stood near the bookshelf.

"Why does a guy who looks like this need a roommate, exactly?" The stranger asked, his baritone voice reverberated through Jeongguk's bones, and scrutinized a family portrait. Oblivious to Jeongguk, who stood in plain sight, he took this oppertunity to observe his potential roommate whoes back faced him.

He was long-legged and sinewy, he towered over Jeongguk and his biceps buldged from the sleeves of his loose, white cotton t-shirt. He wore wide olive green cargo balloon pants and white sneakers. Altogether, he looked chill, casual and laid back.

"He's had a rough time," Yoongi replied.

"He looks like he might be rather attractive."

Jeongguk cleared his throat to gain their attention, and it did. Yoongi jumped around swiftly with widened eyes that soon relaxed, while the stranger swivelled on his heel coolly. Jeongguk's mouth desiccated, his jaw slacken and his eyes dilated at the sight of him.

The man before him had a symmetrical, angular, chiseled face. And his charcoal hair was tied back into a small ponytail, which exposed his straight eyebrows, and few strands fell over the beige headband across his forehead. The corner of his plump lips tugged upwards. He was the epitome of handsomeness. "I stand corrected, he is attractive."

A rosy hue rose to bubble upon Jeongguk's cheeks.

"Taehyung, this is Jeon Jeongguk." Yoongi gestured towards Jeongguk, "And, Gguk-ah, this is Kim Taehyung." Jeongguk examined Taehyung's equanimous posture and noted how his sharp, onyx eyes drifted down to his prominent clavicles that peeked from the collar of his gray Carhartt t-shirt.

"No," Jeongguk blurted and spun on his heel.

Yoongi called out his name and grabbed his wrist before he could leave. "He's a good guy. He's just teasing you," Yoongi explained. Jeongguk rolled his eyes and huffed, while Yoongi reached up and whacked the back of Taehyung's head.

"Ouch!" Taehyung yelped and rubbed the back of his head.

"So what do you say?"

Jeongguk's gaze oscillated between a begging Yoongi and an indifferent Taehyung. What a cocky asshole.

"Fine." He groaned.

"Fucking finally! I thought you'd never agree, because you're as stubborn as a mule." Yoongi sighed in relief, a satisfied expression on his face. He then turned to Taehyung and gave him a tour of the apartment, it was pretty small and easy to navigate around. There were two bedrooms side-by-side at the end of the short hallway, and opposite them was a bathroom. The rest of the apartment consisted of the living room and kitchenette. Soon, after the house tour, Yoongi left.

Jeongguk was seated on the couch cross-legged, hucnched over as he focused on his school assignments. The couch cushion dipped, and he ignored Taehyung who sat beside him.

"So, what's your major?" Taehyung asked.

"I don't want to be friends," Jeongguk murmured. He looked up at Taehyung beside him briefly and jumped back when he realized just how close their faces were. They were so close their noses brushed together. Taehyung grinned at Jeongguk's reaction.

"I'm not asking to be friends. I'm just trying to learn more about my roommate."

"Do you mind backing up?" Jeongguk asked and looked at him from the corner of his eye. Taehyung obliged, but his leg still pressed against his. "I'm an art major."