04 | ROOMIE

Jeongguk peered at Taehyung, who made his breakfast in the kitchen, from afar. He held his wrist and bit his bottom lip, and a pang of guilt coiled in his tummy.

He felt bad about the day prior, because when he thought about it—he gave him no reason not to kiss him. And he went along with it, too. If Taehyung had not stuck his tongue down his throat, then maybe he would have continued the intimate gesture, for a while. He pursed his lips, eyes downcast, before he spoke.

"I'm sorry..."

Taehyung jumped, startled, and whipped around, back pressed against the counter. His eyes bulged out, and he placed his hand over his restless heart.

"You scared me." He said.

"I'm sorry," Jeongguk repeated, and tilted his head up slightly. Taehyung looked confused. "I didn't mean to slap you. It took me by surprise and I'm—"

"You shouldn't apologize, you did nothing wrong. I don't know why I felt the need to kiss you. I just...well, for a lack of better words, I was horny. And you were there," Taehyung explained and scratched his nap.

"It wasn't like I was stopping you."

"That didn't give me the right. And what I said afterwards—I'm sorry."

The tension between them gradually eased into nothing. Jeongguk strolled into the kitchen, ready to prepare something for him to eat.

"Here. I made you this." Taehyung passed him an omelette and tofu Korean breakfast.

Jeongguk smiled and sat at the counter and thanked him. The breakfast included a vegetable omelet, tofu with seasoned soy sauce, rice cooked with red and black beans, and radish kimchi.

"So, what do you do for a living?" Jeongguk mumbled, a piece of omelette in his mouth.

"I'm in a band," Taehyung answered, Jeongguk swallowed his food.

"So that's why you're making all that noise." Jeongguk snorted.

"It's not noise, it's music." Taehyung rolled his eyes, and Jeongguk hummed sarcastically. "So, what do you do? I mean, after college."

Jeongguk froze, his metallic chopsticks screeched against the bowl. "I don't know. I haven't really thought that far, I guess." He gulped.

"Don't you want to make billions of won off your paintings?" Taehyung raised a brow. Jeongguk stuffed his mouth and thought about it.

"Not if it doesn't make someone happy," he replied after some time. A quiet hush crept upon them. Taehyung seemed caught off guard by his answer, but then his phone chimed from his pocket. He opened his phone and perused the text, before he looked up at Jeongguk.

"Do you want to go to a party tonight?" He asked.

Jeongguk thought about it, he did not have any classes tomorrow and his work shift only began later in the evening.

"Sure, I don't see the harm in it." He shrugged.

The corners of Taehyung's lips curled up into a toothy smile that resembled a box. He had a nice smile, Jeongguk noticed. And he wanted to see more of it.

After breakfast, Jeongguk hid in his room for the remainder of the day. They waited until it was dark outside, before Taehyung drove them to the party. When they arrived, Jeongguk stood awkwardly and clasped his hands before him. He did not know anyone there besides Taehyung, but the latter seemed to know everyone.

"Hey, Joon-hyung." Taehyung and a tall man smiled at each other and bro-hugged. "Who's here tonight?"

"No one of importance," Namjoon said, but then glanced behind Taehyung. "Who's your little friend?"