4. Study Date

Thorfinn POV:

Thorfinn stepped into Canute's ride home, which was a limousine. The fact that Canute is rich was a huge surprise to Thorfinn. He's like royalty. Thorfinn thought as he buckled his seat belt and stared out the window. This was the cleanest car Thorfinn had ever been in, and obviously this was his first time in a limousine. Thorfinn eagerly waited until they arrived at Canute's house, because he really wanted to see what type of house he lived in. A mansion? A palace?

Canute sat quietly next to him, not knowing what to say. He glanced over at Thorfinn, and quickly looked away.

"What're you looking at, princess?" Thorfinn suddenly spurted out, which caught Canute off guard. Canute gasped, his fingers trembling. He quickly looked the other way and slumped in his seat. "Got something to say? Say it. You do have a tongue, don't you?" Thorfinn continued, with a snark tone. His elbow rested on the side of the car, with his hands cupped around his cheeks.

Canute turned to look at him. "Um..." He muttered, nervously. "I hope you don't think I'm spoiled or snobby because my family is wealthy..." Canute said, staring down at his shoes.

Thorfinn snorted with laughter. "Of course you're spoiled. You're rich." He remarked. Canute sighed and looked out the window. "But obviously you're not snobby, because you are the most friendly person I ever met." Thorfinn continued, regaining Canute's attention. It took him a few moments to realize what he had just said.

Canute turned to look at Thorfinn, his eyes wide. "Really?" Canute asked, blinking cutely. Thorfinn blushed as Canute's big blue eyes sparkled with hope.

"W-well, yeah. It's not a big deal." Thorfinn stated, avoiding eye contact and turning to look out the window again.

They went through the rest of the ride with only small talk. Canute was too shy to strike up a conversation, and Thorfinn was in his head too much to even mutter a word. Although, throughout the ride, all Thorfinn could think about was the boy sitting beside him. Thorfinn's head ached, as he was feeling so confused. Why is he so damn... attractive? Charismatic? Canute always had a way to get Thorfinn's attention, whether he knew it or not. That frustrated Thorfinn.

Finally, they arrived at Canute's house. Of course, it was a mansion. Thorfinn took in the view of the beautiful house. Ivy and ferns grew through the crevices of the old winding stone path, which led directly to the colossal structure. The mansion loomed proudly behind sleek black gates, flanked by rows of trees crowned in crimson, swaying gently to the chilly autumn wind. At its threshold stood the delicate marble fountain, the soft gurgling of the clear water melodic as it resonated in the surrounding silence. Thorfinn stared at in awe, wanting to live in a house like that.

As they stepped out of the limo, Thorfinn walked towards Canute. "This is where you live?" Thorfinn asked, to which Canute nodded his head. "No way." He muttered gazing up at the huge white house.

Canute led Thorfinn inside his house, and they went through long narrow halls and up tall swirling stairs. Finally, after what felt like an hour, they reached Canute's bedroom. Thorfinn stepped in and was instantly taken aback by the cleanliness and neatness of his classmate's bedroom. Compared to Thorfinn's messy room, this place looked like a palace. There was a huge bed in the middle, with white linen and blankets spread across it. Canute had a white desk where he would study, and the front of his room. The window was open and green plants were seated on the windowsill, giving off a cozy vibe. The place itself was sparkly clean.

"Wow." Thorfinn muttered, as he followed Canute.

"You can sit on the bed, and I'll do my work on the desk." Canute suggested, gesturing at his king sized bed. Hell yes. Thorfinn thought to himself, swinging his backpack off his shoulder at chucking it at the bed. Then he hopped on the mattress and lied down on his back. Canute laughed as he watched Thorfinn hug the big cozy pillows. "Let's start the homework." Canute said.

Thorfinn shook his head. "No." He wanted to stay in the paradise forever, and not care about the stupid math homework. Canute sighed and sat next to Thorfinn on the bed. Thorfinn looked up and grinned at him. "What are you waiting for, princess? Do the work." He said, dropping his head back down and resting it on the pillow.

Canute sighed. "No, we have to do this together." Canute said, shaking his head.

Thorfinn groaned, and lazily sat up. "Fine." He said, rolling his eyes. "Let's do this."

Canute POV:

"I have a question." Thorfinn said, chewing the strawberries dipped in chocolate that Canute's maid gave him.

"Yeah?" Canute replied, pressing his hand against his forehead. Even though he was good at math, it still hurt his head thinking about it.

Thorfinn swallowed his strawberry before thinking. "So, like, are you a girl?" Thorfinn asked, looking up from his blank sheet of paper.

Canute rolled his eyes. "No." He answered.

"Hmph." Thorfinn grumbled, not believing him. "Take off your pants and prove it." He said, nonchalantly.

Canute's entire face turned red, out of embarrassment. His fingers trembled at the sudden comment by Thorfinn. "What?!" He cried, blushing.

Thorfinn laughed, shaking his head. "Chill. I was joking."

Canute gulped, and looked the other way. What the hell? He thought to himself, as his body heated up. Why was I so embarrassed by that? He asked himself, covering his face with his hands. Why does Thorfinn think he has such a big ego? Asking stuff like that?!

They completed the homework, although Canute was the only one actually doing work. Thorfinn began mindlessly wondering through Canute's bedroom, touching his stuff and eating all the snacks in his cupboard.

Canute sighed as he stood up and approached Thorfinn. "Hey, we're done now." He explained, tapping Thorfinn's shoulder.

Thorfinn nodded his head. "So I have to leave now?" He asked, and Canute was surprised to see a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"Uh, yeah. What's wrong?" Canute asked.

Thorfinn shrugged. "Your place is amazing. And the food is great." He said.

"Well, why don't you stay for dinner then?" Canute suggested.

Thorfinn widened his eyes and looked up at the taller boy. "Really? I can?" He asked. Canute nodded his head, chuckling. "Sweet!" Thorfinn exclaimed, and rushed out of the room, eager to eat.

Canute smiled and trailed after him. He's so cute. Canute thought to himself and walked out the door, towards the dining room. While walking through the halls, he noticed Thorfinn standing in the middle, confused. "What're you doing?" Canute asked, rushing towards him.4

"I don't know where the goddamn dining room is!" Thorfinn bluntly stated, crossing his arms.

Canute laughed and grabbed his wrist, and dragged the boy towards the right direction. While they walked, Canute couldn't help but feel a sudden warmth wrap him while he held Thorfinn. Canute blushed and let go of his wrist as they entered the dining room.

They both sat at the table, side by side. Thorfinn's eyes widened as Canute's maids and butlers placed large plates of delicious food in front of him. Canute quietly chewed and Thorfinn scarfed down his meal in ten seconds. After Thorfinn finished chomping, he opened his mouth to speak.

"Where are your parents?" Thorfinn asked, as he licked his lips.

Canute gave Thorfinn a timid smile. "They're out of town. Some business thing." Canute answered.

Thorfinn nodded his head. "Oh."

Finally, it was time for Thorfinn to leave, and Canute walked him to his limousine. "My drivers will get you back home. See you tomorrow, Thorfinn!" Canute said, waving him goodbye. Thorfinn gave him a glare instead of a wave, and stepped into the car.

As Canute watched the car leave the driveway and turn around the street, he wondered whether Thorfinn considered him as a friend, like he did. He sighed, realizing its hard to read Thorfinn. Does he even like me?