Chapter 4

Hi everyone! Welcome to another chapter. I'm glad that someone is actually reading this garbage. Tysm! Please comment: are you a dog person or cat person. Enjoy!

Now I realized why Mike was looking at Xavier. He didn't seem to notice, but he could any second. We kept our sunglasses on.

We said goodbye to Charlene and swiftly left the lab.

"So, how's your day, Ben?" Violet asked.

"Um, it's going pretty awesome. What's your favorite exhibit here?" I asked her.

"Oh, I gotta say, Carnivore Canyon. You want me to show you?" she offered me.

I accepted her offer and the 6 of us started for the Carnivore Canyon. We bumped into Erica and Zoe on the way. Erica looked at me, and when she saw me talking to Violet and Summer, she shot me "the look". Gosh, Erica could get jealous quite easily.

I winked at her and she went the other way. Zoe winked back at me and followed Erica. We were almost there.

"So, what do you think?" Summer and Violet asked.

"Wow, that is huge!" I replied. It was true. It felt like being inside a real savannah.

I sat on the bench next to Violet and Teddy and we watched the lions for a while, and I got a text from Erica. It was time to go back.

I thanked Summer and Violet, and Violet gave me her number.

"Call me sometime," she said, blushing.

I said goodbye and headed towards the entrance. Everyone else was already there.

"Who was the girl you were talking to?" Erica asked me coldly.

"Oh Summer? She's-"

"I know who Summer McCracken is, idiot," Erica cut me off. "I meant the other girl."

"Oh Violet? She's a friend," I replied quickly.

"What's that in your hands?" Erica asked sternly.

"Oh this, erm, it's Violet's number," I told Erica. She raised an eyebrow and looked away. Then she walked away and stood next to Catherine.

"She likes you," Mike whispered.

"Who?" I whispered back.

"Violet AND Erica," Mike grinned at me.

"Alright, all of you, can you please listen up?" Cyrus groaned.

We all looked up.

"Alright, I've looked around, and I found a lab. It seems fishy, but I couldn't go in," Erica announced, clearly proud of her work.

"We thought so too, so we went into the lab and questioned one of the researchers there. We also befriended Summer McCracken, Teddy, Violet, and Xavier. I'm also 90% sure Xavier Gonzalez is actually Murray," I announced.

"Murray is here?" Catherine asked, clearly confused. "But I thought he was in Vermont."

"Well, I'm quite sure it was Murray," I told everyone. "I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet, because that could be suspicious. I don't think he knows of our presence."

"Alright, good work kid," Cyrus complimented me for the first time in my life. Erica glared at me.

"We're going back to the hotel, and we'll have some food, get some rest, and visit tomorrow," Cyrus said to everyone.

We walked to the hotel, and checked into the rooms. We got two large rooms, one for Catherine and Cyrus, and one for the kids. There were 3 bedrooms inside each room so we had plenty of space.