MIDNIGHT CRISIS

HEATHER

I stir awake to a loud clattering on my window and my pitch dark room.

I quickly turn on my bed side lamp and peek a look at sleeping Dinah. Nothing can wake her up from a deep sleep, and I still do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

I groggily get up from the bed and trudge towards the window. I open the window, and I am shocked to face a strong gush of wind and a soaking wet, Nathan.

Before I even get to reprimand his sudden appearance, the blowing wind suddenly shakes the ladder on which he is standing.

Within moments, I see him falling backwards.

Completely on instinct, I lend a hand to him, hoping to pull him into the room with the little strength I have in my hands.

He grabs my hand and I start pulling him.

With the remaining bit of my strength, I give one last pull to his hand. And, next thing I know, I am sandwiched between my floor and Nathan.

If that isn't the worst thing of the night, I hear Dinah wake up with an cannibalistic growl at being disturbed at such an odd hour.

But, adding onto the list of 'worst things that can happen to a person within a night', Dinah walks in to see me trying to pry off Nathan's wet body from mine, as I nearly screech-" Nathan, get off me!"

Knowing her perverted brain I exactly know what she is thinking, by just the way I see the sleep suddenly vanish from her eyes.

That 'look' itself means trouble.

Sure enough, I am proven right, as Dinah muses- " If you are going to be all over each other already, don't do it in front of me at least."

That is my unapologetic best friend, right there.

This causes both him and me to blush a deep red.

Uh-oh. Awkward.

Luckily, Nathan gets off me, as he gets the hint. He stands with a sheepish look, as he looks at me.

That immediately reminds me of the original situation .

This idiot has destroyed my sleep.

" Why did you think of climbing up my window at this ungodly hour?" - I speak through my clenched teeth, because out of all the things of mine that he could ruin, he chose my sleep!

His eyes grow wide at my change of mood. But, he has to deal with me.

He scratches the back of his neck, guiltily, as he answers-" I just needed some important data for my psychology assignment and I knew that you have the correct data."

I raise my eyebrows at his explanation.

-" And you thought I would be awake? "

I ask him, sarcastically, even though it is clear that he thought so.

He blushes a deep red, if that is even possible, as he says-"Well, you are the topper of our batch and the last topper I knew back at my high school, studied till late night every day . So, I thought that you would be awake too."

He trails off to a murmur towards the end, embarrassed at his extremely poor reasoning.

My anger begins to ebb away when I see him honestly answering me with his head hung low, as if he just caught murdering someone.

He did murder my sleep and that is non-debatable but I can't help but let out a smile as I throw a towel at him and get my study material ready.

.