Interval Update

Heather walked away and Jayson did not ask about her whereabouts even once, through out the evening.

She saw him be genuinely happy. Might not have been with her, but he was happy and living his life his way. She was his best friend first before being anything else, so she was happy for him, in that sense. But, she was a human being after all. She fell for him, when she did not want to. She cried because of him, when she did not want to. That evening, she walked away in frustration.

Frustration of having seen it all coming yet having no control over her heart. She knew what the consequences would be, if she fell for him. Damn it, she was facing those consequences. The heartache and the feeling of abandonment.

But then, as she stood under the shower that night, she made up her mind. This was the last time she would dwell upon this because this was a dead end. After a few weeks, she was going back to the United Kingdoms for college, without her dad because he could not get a transfer after just two years of previous transfer. She did not want to leave behind anything unwanted.

As for Jayson, news of shock awaited him. His dad was diagnosed with brain cancer.

He did not realize how the evening of his graduation was something that he would remember all his life. Not only because he did not try to find Heather later on, but he also discovered a news that would change his entire life in a way he never thought he would.

But, that's life. Is not it?