4

(Donghyuck's p.o.v)

"I was acting that way because-" she paused. "Because"? I questioned waiting for an answer. She took another deep breath.

"I was acting that way because I like you". She said.

My eyes grew large at her confession. I never once thought she would actually like me more than a friend.

"It's been hard for me to be around you cause every time I am my heart tells me that I don't want us to be friends anymore, I want us to be more". She explained avoiding my eyes.

I still couldn't believe what I was hearing, not even a single sound came out of my mouth. As I spaced out I thought about our childhood.

FLASHBACK

10 years ago

"Y/n this is Donghyuck, Donghyuck this is y/n". Donghyuck's mom introduced them. They stared at each other a bit shyly. "Hi". Donghyuck greeted her. A smile began to form on y/n's face. "Hello". She greeted back.

They were left alone so they could play around and get to know each other. As they played and talked they began to realize a close friendship beginning to form.

2 years later

"Donghyuck I came up with a nickname for you"! Y/n said excitedly. He nodded in response. "Haechan". She said. "Haechan"? He asked not understanding what it has to do with him.

"Because your personality is as bright as the sun, a full sun at that". She explained. Donghyuck smiled widely at the compliment.

"I love it y/n". He said. "From now on call me Haechan". He added.

And after that, she never called him by his real name.

6 years later

It was there 8th grade graduation. "Haechan how do I look"? Y/n asked when she finished her makeup.

"Beautiful". He answered after his eyes widened when he saw her wear makeup for the first time.

"What about me"? He asked. "Very handsome". Y/n giggled.

(Months later)

"Y/N"! Haechan yelled loudly. Y/n turned around to see haechan. "I thought you were going to another high school"? Y/n asked as she ran to hug him.

"My parents changed their minds". He said while hugging her back.

END OF FLASHBACK

I began to realize that all along I liked her. Now, I love her.

I didn't realize how long I spaced out cause when I got back to reality y/n was gone.

"Y/n"! I called as I looked around. I decided to just go home sense she left me anyway.

As I walked I couldn't hold back my smile. She is the first girl I've ever liked and she likes me back, who wouldn't smile.