5

(Donghyuck's p.o.v)

I walked to school feeling slightly anxious for some reason. Y/n still hasn't answered since I've pranked her and now I'm starting to think she believed it.

She wouldn't though, if she is truly my best friend she should know me inside and out.

But as I think about it I kind of went a bit harsh. I don't know what to think anymore.

Luckily I got here early enough so my friends wouldn't bother me so I made my way to my class.

When I walked in I saw y/n turn away from my direaction. Now I'm beginning to regret this.

I sat in my seat trying to think of something to say. "So y/n". I started. But she ignored me. "Y/n". I called.

"Don't act new if you know you're fake". She answered coldly. Oh no, she believed me.

"Y/n if you're mad about yesterday please let me explain-" "I understand already, maybe everything I was feeling wasn't even real. Maybe I shouldn't have felt anything for you sense I was the only one enjoying our time together". She lashed out.

I felt a lump in my throat form. I tried to ignore it and leave her alone. Again, I messed up.

(Y/n's p.o.v)

I tried so hard not to cry when I spoke. My whole life feels like it's a lie. As I keep thinking about it tears began to fall.

"A-are you crying"? Haechan asked softly when he heard my sniffles. "No". I said harshly as I got up out of my seat and left to the restroom.

I began to sob as I ran there. Stupid Haechan why did I have to meet someone like you? I thought as I locked myself in a stall.

I feel light headed. My stomach ached and my limbs weakened. I think I'm getting sick.

I decided to take out my phone and call my mom to come get me.

After the call I walked back to my class and gathered my stuff. "Y/n where are you going"? The teacher asked. I didn't realize class already started.

"My mom is picking me up, I'm not feeling well". I said as me and haechan locked eyes. Of course I looked ahead ignoring his gaze.

A Few minutes later...

I arrived at the front of the school and saw my mom. "What's wrong do you have a cold"? She asked as I sat in the passenger seat.

"I don't know". I answered. She began to drive off.

"Please explain to me what happened". She insisted. I could hear the worry in her tone. When I opened my mouth tears fell instead.

"Tell me at home okay". She said and rubbed my shoulder. I nodded.

At home....

"HE WHAT"!? My mom yelled. "He told me that our friendship is boring and it's disturbing to think of us together". I said through sobs.

My mom pulled me into a hug tightly. "It's okay he's not worth it". She said. My heart is aching.

"But what if I can't get over him"? I uttered. "You have to if he's not going to respect you". My mom declared. I nodded and gripped onto her shirt.

"Do you want to go to school tomorrow? You don't have to if you don't want to"? She asked.

"I'm fine mom I can't run away from what hurts me, I have to fight against it and make the hurt feel pain as well". I stated.

"Just take care of your-" "what happened why is she crying"? My dad asked as he walked in the house after grocery shopping.

"Read the text". My mom said as she handed dad my phone. As he read it his eyes got larger the more he read.

"Y/n come here". He said opening his arms for me. I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"You are an amazing and fun girl okay, don't let his words get to you head please". He said. I nodded.

All I could think about is Donghyuck, why can't I forget him.

Time skip

(Donghyuck's p.o.v)

I sat in the canteen waiting for my friends. "Hey Haechan". I heard someone call. It was Yerim.

"Where's y/n"? She asked when she made it towards me. "She went home she's not feeling well". I said feeling a lump in my throat form again.

"Hey guys, what's wrong with you"? Mark said as the others followed behind him. "Nothing". I said. They sat down next to me.

"Are you sure it's nothing"? Yerim asked. "So how was everyone's weekend"? I asked trying to change the subject.

"It was pretty cool". Renjun answered. "Mine was boring". Jaemin said getting Yerim's attention.

"Mine was too". She said and laughed awkwardly. "Cool we have something in common". Jaemin said making Yerim blush. Little did Yerim know, Jaemin knew she liked him so he would say certain things on purpose but not to mess with her heart. He just wanted to see if she'd get a clue that he knows.

"Off topic but I'm surprised you're not hanging out with y/n today". Chenle said. "Can we just not talk about her"! I raised my voice.

They all looked me with astonished and somewhat scared faces sense I don't usually raise my voice at them.

"Woah calm down a bit". Jeno said. I slammed my head on the table.

It was completely silent at our table. They were still dumbfounded by my reaction to hearing y/n's name.

"Did something happen that you're not telling us"? Jisung asked softly. I shook my head yes. They looked at each other worriedly.

The next day...

I sat in my seat and again y/n didn't acknowledge my presence. I wanted to talk but I know things would get worst.

I took a quick glimpse of her face and her eyes were puffy with dried tears on her cheeks.

My heart felt like it tore just from seeing her face. I really did mess up this time. But I need to clean up this mess now.

(Y/n's p.o.v)

I could feel Donghyuck's eyes on me.

A part of me wants to say he didn't mean any of this but the other is saying he meant it all.

I don't know what to think of him anymore.

All the hugs, smiles, laughs, everything felt like a lie. I don't know what to believe anymore.